Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:31 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by snowboardpunk
Thanks, which means I still have to get to philly from NYC.
AA flies from EWR and LGA to PHL, but it's the PHL-AMS flight that will be the hardest to score.

Any NYC-(Europe)-AMS itinerary on any Oneworld or AA partners is legit provided you don't stop over at the connecting city (MAD,HEL,DUS,LHR etc.)
Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by haasha
It is technically possible to check your bags through on separate bookings. It depends on check-in agent, if they are willing to do it, but this should not be a big problem in my opinion.

I don't think they can check you in in London though, you will have to deal with that either online or in Paris.
Thanks a lot! Decided to leave five hours for transferring in CDG to reclaim the baggage and check in with the second ticket separately since heard of CDG is not very efficient and reliable regarding the baggage issue. Thanks again.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 10:47 am

thanks for all the help guys!
Old Feb 6, 2016, 7:52 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by dje76
I have just booked 4 QF flights operated with Emirates (London, Dubai, Singapore).

I hold a BA Silver card.

Will I have access to Emirates Lounge? Which Lounge?
Will I be able to skip queues?
Will I be able to choose my seats before flying?
No lounge and no queue skipping. Those are oneworld benefits available when flying a flight operated by a oneworld member. You don't get oneworld benefits when flying EK.

You may earn Avios and TPs though. Add your BAEC number to your QF booking for those. There have been reports on the BA forum of EK flights crediting when booked under the QF code.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 11:56 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by JAXBA
No lounge and no queue skipping. Those are oneworld benefits available when flying a flight operated by a oneworld member. You don't get oneworld benefits when flying EK.

You may earn Avios and TPs though. Add your BAEC number to your QF booking for those. There have been reports on the BA forum of EK flights crediting when booked under the QF code.
oneworld status holders have access to the EK lounges in Concourse A at DXB when traveling on a QF coded flight. (on paper its when on QF1/2/9/10. Some agents will let them in if booked on an EK op QF8xxx flight)
Old Feb 7, 2016, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by JAXBA

You do earn Avios and TP on QF*EK according to booked class, no bonuses based on status.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Quickie with regards to lounge access:

Flying LHR-HKG (BA) in first, then HKG-MNL(CX) in premium economy on another ticket. I'd have access to the wide array of business class lounges at HKG through status, but will i have access to CX's first lounges?
The only reason i ask, is that flight arrives in HKG the day after leaving LHR, and after 6am, and wasn't sure if the previous days boarding pass would be acceptable.

Cheers!
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:14 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Yes you will - from https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access
First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
"Connecting on the same day of travel" means departing on the same day as arriving (not departing on the same day as the previous departure).
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
Many thanks good sir. I think the alcohol was clouding my thought abilities.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 4:49 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold
New to RTW

Thinking about a rtw J trip in Feb next year. Having absolutely no experience with this kind of flight..can anyone give me any tips for booking. Also ive flown lots of Ex Eu trips and saved thousands of pounds...is there an equivilent way to save money on rtw trips or is it a different kettle of fish??
Old Mar 7, 2016, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jock
Thinking about a RTW J trip in Feb next year. Having absolutely no experience with this kind of flight..can anyone give me any tips for booking. Also I've flown lots of Ex Eu trips and saved thousands of pounds...is there an equivalent way to save money on RTW trips or is it a different kettle of fish??
Look here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...cket-faqs.html
(sticky thread 1 below this thread)
Old Mar 10, 2016, 4:16 pm

Hi there,

After looking around a few frequent flyer programs I have decided I would like to focus on oneworld mainly due to my geographical position and the flights and costs on offer. However, I find myself in a bit of a difficult situation as to how I could proceed. I live in Edinburgh but my partner's family lives in Cape Town, and I know I will be making consistent journeys once or twice a year for the foreseeable future. I am a student at the moment and so price will usually be the defining factor for me, but I am interested in building up points to redeem on travel. So I've had a look at how I can earn points and redeem them with Qatar or BA.

AVIOS on BA metal: 33000 avios + £400 surcharges and taxes.
AVIOS on Qatar metal: 100000 avios + £290 surcharges and taxes.
Qmiles on Qatar metal: 98000 qmiles + £290 surcharges and taxes.

So considering flights on the route are generally £400-500 unless in peak times (with Qatar or Turkish) I don't see much value in flying BA, and considering I'm going to struggle to earn 98000 qmiles before they expire (I earnt only 8000 on my first trip recently) I'm finding difficulty seeing how I'm going to get any value out of either frequent flyer program. I'm not particularly bothered about earning status, unless it's going to get me into a better position for lower cost flights. I'm currently considering that I could just fly Qatar, claiming them as avios and spend them on flights around europe. I could also spend them on BA flights during peak times when £400 surcharges could in fact offer a real saving. I suppose ffp's aren't really geared towards infrequent flyers!

Sorry for the long post, just feeling a bit confused over what direction to go in, I have another trip coming up and I don't want to credit the miles to the wrong ffp!

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and could offer some advice?

Thanks very much!
Old Mar 14, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Air Berlin or Finnair in Economy TA

Flying from CPH to JFK, I have the above choices when using my AA miles. Just wondering if there is a compelling reason to choose one over the other. AB flies thru Berlin and Finnair will connect in Helsinki.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: DL + UA mostly
Hi All,

New award travel booker here.
I've got ~100K AA miles, and I'm looking to go from PHL/EWR/JFK/LGA to BKK in Business. Any idea how to find an award flight? Looking for any two week-ish length in August.

Thanks for the help!
Old Mar 15, 2016, 12:47 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by braddober
Hi All,

New award travel booker here.
I've got ~100K AA miles, and I'm looking to go from PHL/EWR/JFK/LGA to BKK in Business. Any idea how to find an award flight? Looking for any two week-ish length in August.

Thanks for the help!
Suggest you read the wiki in this thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...es-2015-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.