Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Very last minute trip Aus/NZ - so overwhelmed!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2017, 5:50 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by JClasstraveller
NZ North Island warm in June/July like Florida in winter??? You've got to be joking...
Tauranga July avg. 16C, Orlando Jan avg. 15C ... seems pretty similar to me
Old Jun 14, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by number_6
Tauranga July avg. 16C, Orlando Jan avg. 15C ... seems pretty similar to me
Suggest you try reading the wikis again. Average high in Orlando in January is 21.8C and the average high in Tauranga in July is 14.5C which is virtually the same as Melbourne's. Both places are great any time of year but certainly not warm like Florida.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:32 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
I used US govt data for the Orlando number, maybe the tourist boards prefer 21 over 15c Having been to Orlando in Jan, it certainly seemed like 16 not 21 to me. Was in Miami last November and it was 10C high that week -- so it can be pretty chilly even before winter officially starts. Of course miami is generally warmer than that. In any case this is an absurd debate, the point is that North Island can be nice any time in winter if you go to the right parts (while WLG etc. is always miserable weather-wise).
Old Jun 15, 2017, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by number_6
I used US govt data for the Orlando number, maybe the tourist boards prefer 21 over 15c Having been to Orlando in Jan, it certainly seemed like 16 not 21 to me.
The Wikipedia source for Orlando is the NOAA.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by bensyd
The Wikipedia source for Orlando is the NOAA.
Wadda they know?

It seems to me that if posters are advising people where they should go we should try to get our facts right so that what may be their only trip can be as good as possible. But that's just me.

Hope the OP has a great trip wherever she goes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.