Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good Friday in SYD Mar 25 2016: everything closed?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2015, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, AMX Plat, Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Good Friday in SYD Mar 25 2016: everything closed?

Good Friday in SYD Mar 25 2016

I will be visiting Sydney WE Mar 23 through FR mar 25, 2016. I noticed that Good Friday, Mar 25th is a national holiday. In general will many/most/all of the restaurants and tourist activities be closed for the day? I will be staying at the Radisson Blu Plaza in the business district downtown.

Thanks in advance for any/all replies.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:20 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Generally speaking - shops will be closed (as required by law). Places that provide ready to eat food e.g. Cafe's, Restaurant, Fast Food are allowed to be open, so are places that class as Entertainment. Some restaurants/cafes may charges an public holiday surcharge.

You could take the ferry across to Manly (Beach town), for lunch and an walk around the coast.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:30 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Tourist oriented things are mostly open (e.g. zoo and aquarium). Also note that Easter Monday is also a holiday in Australia, not just Good Friday so this is a 4-day weekend which makes it maybe the worst time to be tourist in Sydney (or best depending upon your viewpoint). The better restaurants are generally closed but you won't starve.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, AMX Plat, Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Thanks for the replies!
Might visit the aquarium or the zoo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.