Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bora Bora-- renting vehicle to drive around island vs 4x4 safari tour?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2015, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Bora Bora-- renting vehicle to drive around island vs 4x4 safari tour?

My wife and I are going to Bora Bora for the 2nd time, this time for an anniversary. Last time we stayed at the Hilton and did a lot of water sports, this time we're staying 2 nights at IC Le Moana, and 3 nights at Thalasso. I want to take advantage of our time on the main island by touring the island. I thought it would be cute to get a scooter to drive around, but I remember now that the roads were in poor condition and the dogs were plenty. I looked up prices of Bugxsters (buggies) on Europcar, and they're about $177US for the day. However, I've never been beyond Vaitape and I've read that the roads get more narrow and hazardous in other parts of the island. Has anybody done this? Anything to look out for? The alternative would be a 4x4 jeep tour, which seems less fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.