Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX or NZ lounge in SYD T1

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH G, MR/SPG G, IHG Plat, Club Carlson G, National Exec
AMEX or NZ lounge in SYD T1

Never been down under; Flying OZ602 (SYD-ICN am departure) with 2 companions (all in J) next month; Have *G and Amex Biz Plat. Which lounge would be the best option? Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 1:24 am

Programs: NZ*S
The NZ lounge is being refitted and they are using a temporary lounge at the moment which gets pretty full, but it has been rumored that the refit will be complete sometime next month...

Short answer... watch this space.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SpannerSpinner
The NZ lounge is being refitted and they are using a temporary lounge at the moment which gets pretty full, but it has been rumored that the refit will be complete sometime next month...

Short answer... watch this space.
Good to know! Cheers, mate.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 2:35 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
QF sells codeshare on this flight, which would get you the QF J lounge, and the one time I flew this route the QF fare was 10% cheaper than OZ.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Try the SQ lounge.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 2:05 pm

I'd recommend the AMEX lounge (until there are good reports of the new NZ lounge)-the flight is early enough that the lounge is not very crowded, and the breakfast is quite good. Just be aware that it's on the other end of the international terminal from the gate for your flight.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 1:19 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by steveman518
I'd recommend the AMEX lounge (until there are good reports of the new NZ lounge)-the flight is early enough that the lounge is not very crowded, and the breakfast is quite good. Just be aware that it's on the other end of the international terminal from the gate for your flight.
I'd say the new NZ Lounge is going to be pretty impressive, its being based of the *A Lounge lounge in LAX that they designed/operate. Same with the new AKL Lounge, which has seen massive building working taking place recently.

Nothing to stopping you from stopping in both if you have time.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 3:16 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for the input! This flight was leaving from QF side of the terminal earlier in the month, but seems to be back to the *A side lately. I think depending on the gate that morning, I'll try either AMEX+QF (I was wondering if I can get in the QF lounge on this code share, thanks number_6), or NZ+SQ. Unfortunately my 2 companions will not put up with me hopping all four lounges across the terminal , and it is a bit too early in the day for that anyway .
Old Apr 6, 2015, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 2P, Marriott LTPP
In the temp NZ lounge now, and I must say it is pretty terrible. It reminds me somewhat of the shared lounge at BLR. Very crowded, no windows, depressing. I will head over to the SQ lounge as soon as I post this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.