Wiki Posts
Search

Just got my new Australia passport. It is N Series

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2014, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Hey,

Just thought this might be interesting for a few folks around here.

I requested a frequent traveller passport and they sent an N series passport. I dropped off my application at a post office on the 9th of September.

I haven't seen the P series yet, but from the tidbits online, I'm pretty stoked that I received the N series. Reminds me of the awesome NZ passport.

Cheers
Old Sep 21, 2014, 9:07 pm

NZ passport is most un-awesome because it only lasts for 5 years.....
Old Sep 21, 2014, 9:46 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow the discussion as the thread moves to the Oceania forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:39 am

Programs: Qantas LTG, BA-Blue, KLM -Gold, SAS - Silver
I have 2 Aus passports, a 10-year E from 2013 and a 3-year N from 2011. I had no idea that I should be so excited about it.

Now I'm just palpitating, I tell you!
Old Sep 22, 2014, 3:37 pm

Programs: QFWP; HH Diamond
What is special about the N series?

I had an N series regular passport issued late 2010 but I just got a new one in the E series (frequent traveller version) as the N was full.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

the trivial reason i am pleased to receive an N series is that it is not ridiculous blue and gold with a huge AUSTRALIA emblazoned across the top. The N series is black (dark blue technically) with silver.

Old Sep 24, 2014, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by notfrequentenough
the trivial reason i am pleased to receive an N series is that it is not ridiculous blue and gold with a huge AUSTRALIA emblazoned across the top. The N series is black (dark blue technically) with silver.
Why are blue and gold ridiculous colours on a passport cover? And/or why is black (or dark blue) and silver a better colour combination?
Old Sep 24, 2014, 11:22 pm

Programs: QFWP; HH Diamond

Really think OP needs to get out more, smell the roses and enjoy life :-)
Old Sep 28, 2014, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
What's the matter with showing Australia on your passport.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 7:16 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
What's the matter with showing Australia on your passport.
The fact that the non-Bold old version was more subtle and more pretty. I like my E series (other than it's the only one that doesn't work in the ePassport gates at LHR ), was looking forward to an N series, but the P is just very ugly - I actually agree with the OP. Hopefully by the time I renew mine, it will change to something prettier.
percysmith likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 7:28 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
It's nowhere near as attractive as my almost-new Special Edition TA Series (tm) passport with "TEAM AUSTRALIA" emblazoned in 39 point bold Comic Sans above the coat of arms. The embedded fridge magnet makes it a bit bulky though, and it expires in 2016.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:44 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by stevenshev
The fact that the non-Bold old version was more subtle and more pretty. I like my E series (other than it's the only one that doesn't work in the ePassport gates at LHR ), was looking forward to an N series, but the P is just very ugly - I actually agree with the OP. Hopefully by the time I renew mine, it will change to something prettier.
Sorry for bumping an old post. I was similarly disappointed to trade in my M-series for P-series, skipping N-series entirely.

"AUSTRALIA" sure looks prettier as the motto.

However in terms of utility having the country name up front and in your face definitely helps with underpaid check in clerks who have to handle our passports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.