Wiki Posts
Search

Honeymoon in New Zealand

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Cool Honeymoon in New Zealand

Hello FTers,

I'm planning a honeymoon to New Zealand in late January/early February next year. Any tips?

The new husband an I are certified open water divers and experienced sky divers, looking for adventure. I'm also a Lord of the Rings fan, so I'm hoping to visit some of the filming locations.

What should we do? What can't we miss?

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 27, 2014, 5:20 am

Programs: BA, Best Western, Miles & More
Kerrkerri in Northland has some dive sites where, i believe, you can dive the wreck of The Rainbow Warrior. Lake Taupo region has a lot of activities such as jet boating, flights over the 3 volcanoes (including Mount Doom in the film) and skydiving either as a tandem or singly.
If you want LOTR locations, try either the Waikato region and Matemata where Hobbiton was filmed & join an official tour, or the South Island where a lot of the mountain scenery was filmed.
For beahes you are spoilt for choice, from sandy beaches at Able Tasman National Park to Hot Water beach on the Coromandel peninsula.
I love New Zealand as a holiday destination and i'm sure you will have a fantastic honeymoon!
Old Aug 27, 2014, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by Tanya934
Kerikeri in Northland has some dive sites where, I believe, you can dive the wreck of The Rainbow Warrior. The Lake Taupo region has a lot of activities such as jet boating, flights over the 3 volcanoes (including Mount Doom in the film) and skydiving either as a tandem or single.
If you want LOTR locations, try either the Waikato region and Matamata where Hobbiton was filmed & join an official tour, or the South Island where a lot of the mountain scenery was filmed.
For beaches you are spoilt for choice, from sandy beaches at Able Tasman National Park to Hot Water beach on the Coromandel peninsula.
I love New Zealand as a holiday destination and i'm sure you will have a fantastic honeymoon!
FTFY

+100 for the South Island. Forget the North.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 4:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold
Honeymoon in New Zealand

New Zealand is great destination -The South Island is fantastic! I spend ten days there never made it to the north on that trip. Doubtful Sound is gorgeous -Glacier Hiking in Franz Josef - Milford Sound flying over the mountains back to Queenstown are just a few fantastic things to do.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Philatravelgirl
New Zealand is great destination -The South Island is fantastic! I spend ten days there never made it to the north on that trip. Doubtful Sound is gorgeous -Glacier Hiking in Franz Josef - Milford Sound flying over the mountains back to Queenstown are just a few fantastic things to do.
Agree with all these suggestions. .. Also Kai Koura for whale watching and swimming with dolphino, Dunedin for Otago peninsula, albatross colony, fur seals and penguins, Nelson for art, food, and the beautiful Abel Tasman national park. Mt Cook a really spe c I also place There is lots to do you just won't have time for all of it.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 5:38 pm

Abel Tasman National Park, Queenstown Taupo for adventure…. Bay of Islands for swimming with dolphins...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.