Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapest flights to NZ from Asia in the beginning of August

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2014, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Cheapest flights to NZ from Asia in the beginning of August

Hi everyone,

I am planning to visit my friends in NZ from 1 till 21 of August.
I am originally from Ukraine but I can't find and affordable options from my city so I am thinking to fly from Thailand, Malasia or Emirates. Did anyone book cheap tickets recently. I am a bit confused as I've checked so many options and prices are so high.

Thanks.
Alex
Old Jun 22, 2014, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by chichirko
Hi everyone,

I am planning to visit my friends in NZ from 1 till 21 of August.
I am originally from Ukraine but I can't find and affordable options from my city so I am thinking to fly from Thailand, Malasia or Emirates. Did anyone book cheap tickets recently. I am a bit confused as I've checked so many options and prices are so high.

Thanks.
Alex
What price do you consider "so high"?
If you can be somewhat flexible with your dates, the prices can be much lower.

For example, KUL-AKL on August 1 - August 21 is US$2400, but if you can travel July 31 to August 22 instead, the price goes down to US$1100.

BKK-AKL August 1 - August 21 is US$1060, but if you go August 2 - August 21 instead, the ticket is only US$850.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 10:13 am

Programs: Qantas LTG, BA-Blue, KLM -Gold, SAS - Silver
There is no really cheap way. Your best bet is probably Kiev (if coming from there) down to Dubai on Fly Dubai then book Emirates or Etihad to NZ.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 5:37 am

It doesn't make a lot of sense, but often prices from Europe are the same price or cheaper than from Asia. Try looking at prices from London, Paris, Madrid, Rome, Dublin and others.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 11:18 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Creative routing is the key to get cheap fares. For example KUL-AKL on BA is cheaper than SIN-AKL on BA (despite having the extra leg KUL-SIN on MH metal), and both are more expensive than SIN-AKL on MH (which is actually SIN-KUL-AKL on MH, and half the price of KUL-AKL on MH). Takes a lot of looking, but you can find some half-price routes ex-Europe to AKL. Various search engines such as momondo are helpful. Fares do vary by a lot from day to day, so date flexibility is crucial.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 9:52 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
I'm surprised no one has mentioned any of LCC's yet. Tiger, DeathStar, Lion and their ilk can all work (by themselves or in combination) to get a cheap-ish ticket to NZ from most of the cities mentioned.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 7:57 am

Programs: Qantas LTG, BA-Blue, KLM -Gold, SAS - Silver
I had a look - they don't seem to come out much cheaper when you consider where OP has to get from and to. A single rtn from UAE seems as good value as anything

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.