Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Great barrier reef in ultra low cost way?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2014, 10:37 pm

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by brumbrum
And...seriously...any possibility to see kangaroos, koalas or tasmanian devils in SW Australia (don´t mean zoos)?
Whilst I can't say specifically where in MEL or Tassie where you'll find roo's, they are pretty common and I can think of a few placed near home where I could almost put a guarantee on it that you'd see some.

To see a koala I'd be heading to a wildlife sanctuary, since koala's are pretty good at hiding, and in such sanctuaries numbers tend to be known.

Can't say exactly where in tassie you'd need to go to find devils in the wild, that said they do make their way into campgrounds as that's where I've seen (and patted much to my parents concern / amusement) them in the wild.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

thanks harvyk. I meant if it´s possible to see these animals somewhere near MEL/SYD/BNE or around. Fully understand that the devils are unlikely to be seen around the airport in Hobart, but will have much more time in the other three places. Ok, I´ll consider also some sanctuaries for koalas, they´re so cute, would hug them instantly:-)
Old Jun 9, 2014, 11:28 pm

Programs: QF
thanks harvyk. I meant if it´s possible to see these animals somewhere near MEL/SYD/BNE or around. Fully understand that the devils are unlikely to be seen around the airport in Hobart, but will have much more time in the other three places. Ok, I´ll consider also some sanctuaries for koalas, they´re so cute, would hug them instantly:-)
You're welcome, however I personally wouldn't hug a koala unless one is handed to you by a keeper. They are incredibly strong (think 5 fully grown men type strong).

If you are in SYD, a suggestion might be Featherdale wildlife park -> http://www.featherdale.com.au/
Old Jun 10, 2014, 1:37 am

And...seriously...any possibility to see kangaroos, koalas or tasmanian devils in SW Australia (don´t mean zoos)?
thanks harvyk. I meant if it´s possible to see these animals somewhere near MEL/SYD/BNE or around.
Yeah, MEL/SYD/BNE = SW Australia...

Here's your "ideal" itinerary for your two days off: http://www.gcmap.com/map?P=SYD-MEL-H...X=540x540&PM=*

Just imagine all the places you can "visit" in such a short time...

Last edited by 26point2orbust; Jun 10, 2014 at 1:42 am
Old Jun 10, 2014, 1:37 am
Original Poster

so do you think any such park would be better option to see koalas and kangaroos? Hope they´ll let me hug (or at least) stroke them
Old Jun 10, 2014, 1:40 am

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Where+can+i+hol...stralia%3F&l=1
Old Jun 10, 2014, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 26point2orbust
Yeah, MEL/SYD/BNE = SW Australia...
really? I thought SYD is on another planet and BNE somewhere between Europe and America. Thanks for your very useful post, but you should consider not answering the posts not designated for you. You´re probably the only person who´s laughing at this joke.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by harvyk
You're welcome, however I personally wouldn't hug a koala unless one is handed to you by a keeper. They are incredibly strong (think 5 fully grown men type strong).

If you are in SYD, a suggestion might be Featherdale wildlife park -> http://www.featherdale.com.au/
according to my quick research really seems to be the best one. And with almost two days in SYD a good choice, thanks
Old Jun 10, 2014, 6:08 pm

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
really? I thought SYD is on another planet and BNE somewhere between Europe and America. Thanks for your very useful post, but you should consider not answering the posts not designated for you. You´re probably the only person who´s laughing at this joke.
The thing is, it's not a joke.

MEL, SYD, BNE are not Southwestern Australia.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Ok, southeastern then. A mistake.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 12:41 am

Since you couldn't figure out on your own that SYD/MEL/BNE are not in southwestern Australia, it's obvious who the "joke" is.
And yes, I am laughing at you and your posts, and I'm not the only one.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 9:06 pm

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
So OP, what did you see of Tasmania?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.