Wiki Posts
Search

ETA (E Visa)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2011, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Airpoints, Aeroplan
ETA (E Visa)

Ok, so I'm going to Australia in December. Well... once I renew my passport and then book the ticket.
Here are a few questions.
1. My ETA was done by United Airlines and they put it as business. I am unsure if they had corrected it (I was there on holiday. I flew on business class so it was UA's mistake) I'm going in December, is this really going to do anything?
2. My passport is up for renewal as it expires in May. Australian entry requires my passport to be 6 months before it expires. Would this invalidate my visa?
3. Is my ETA even still valid?

Key Facts:
-Went to Australia in August for 20 days
-US Citizen
Old Sep 2, 2011, 12:19 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
With a new passport you will need a new ETA, as they are tied to the passport number. There may be a way to transfer it, but it's probably much easier to just get a new one.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 9:15 pm

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
The ETA visa automatically ceases 12 months after grant or upon the end of the life of the passport. There is no way to transfer it to a new passport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.