Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brisbane Domestic Terminal - Where to Sleep?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2010, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
Brisbane Domestic Terminal - Where to Sleep?

Hi, I am planning an overnight turnaround at BNE domestic terminal, arriving on last QF flight from SYD (arriving at 22:35) departing from the first flight in the morning (06:00). I understand the Qantas domestic lounge opens at 04:00for shower + food so I guess there is no point wasting $$$ on a hotel?

Question is: where is the best spot to have a c.5-hour nap at BNE domestic terminal? Is the terminal "open" 24/7?
Old Apr 4, 2010, 9:24 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
There's an F1 motel a short ($10?) cab ride from the hotel - the room will cost about as much as a light meal and a drink airside.

I can't think of a single viable place to stretch out and sleep in the terminal, like most terminals the seating is designed to strongly discourage this.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 4:20 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
I'll have a similar transit (although I land earlier at about 8pm). There's no decent place to sleep at the domestic terminal, although from www.sleepinginairports.net, the international terminal (assuming you'll need to taxi or bus there) provides some options.

In addition to the F1, there's also a newish Novotel, which is very expensive at its normal rate, given you'll only be there for a few hours. (I booked mine during a sale.) There're also a few small motels around that area. Look at wotif.com.au.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 4:10 am

Programs: VA Gold; IHG Diamond Elite; Hertz Presidents Club
Hi rownada, the Domestic terminal is closed after the last staff leave at night (usually after the 23:30 flight) and opens approx 03:30. You could go to the Int'l terminal as it is open pretty much 24/7, but there's not really anywhere to rest up there either... BNE is no Changi!

You could go to the F1 for approx AUD$90 + return cab fare, or if you have no bags, perhaps get a cab to the Valley and go party for a few hours? When are you planning on doing the o'nighter?

Last edited by BNEFlyer; Apr 14, 2010 at 4:11 am Reason: Spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.