Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Now get 1000 miles to link DL & NWA accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2009, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG

Received this email today. Looks like the ante has been increased from 500 to 1000 miles to link accounts.

"Our records indicate that you may have both a WorldPerks and SkyMiles account, and if so, you can quickly and easily earn 1,000 Bonus Miles by linking the two accounts today. There's no fee to link your accounts, and by doing so, you can take advantage of all the SkyMiles and WorldPerks redemption options available. If you are unaware of your SkyMiles account number, contact a SkyMiles representative at 1-800-323-2323.

In addition, linking your WorldPerks and SkyMiles accounts now will enable us to automatically combine your WorldPerks account with your existing SkyMiles account when the programs fully merge later this year. At that time, all account data - mileage balances, Elite Qualification Miles, Elite Qualification Segments, Medallion® Qualification Miles, Medallion Qualification Segments and lifetime balances - will be consolidated. Until then, you can continue to earn miles in both accounts.

If you haven't linked your accounts by the program integration date - or if you do not have an existing SkyMiles account - your WorldPerks account will be assigned a new SkyMiles number, and you will receive a SkyMiles credentials package for the newly created account in early 2010.

Please continue to stay informed of the latest news and what's ahead for the SkyMiles and WorldPerks programs by visiting delta.com/integrationtimeline. This page is regularly updated to keep you up to speed on key communication dates and program news as we create the world's largest and best airline loyalty program.

You're the reason we fly,

Jeff Robertson
Vice President - Loyalty Programs Bob Soukup
Managing Director - WorldPerks Marketing

Terms and Conditions

Offer: Members of the SkyMiles and WorldPerks programs may link their accounts and receive a one-time bonus of 1,000 Bonus Miles. To be eligible for this offer, the member will need to complete the linking process application on nwa.com or delta.com between June 1, 2009 and July 31, 2009. Bonus Miles will post to member's SkyMiles account 4-6 weeks following the end of the promotion, July 31, 2009.

Miscellaneous: Offers are void where prohibited by law. Offers are subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply. Please refer Delta customer service representative to 970624.

Last edited by cmh flyer; May 29, 2009 at 2:29 pm Reason: To add the Terms & Conditions
Old May 29, 2009, 10:21 am

Location: Palo Alto. Previously, below the approaches to Rwy 19 @ DCA or 28 @ ORD
Programs: UA 1K 0.8MM, AA EXP
I also got an email today with regards to the same issue, but:

"If you have a SkyMiles account, you can quickly and easily earn 500 Bonus Miles by linking the two accounts today."
Old May 29, 2009, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Got this also... I'm thinking about it, but in my mind both programs are dead to me, so probably won't bother.
Old May 29, 2009, 10:41 am

Programs: DL Silver, CO Silver, AA, Wyndham ByRequest
Originally Posted by ua_to_ord
I also got an email today with regards to the same issue, but:

"If you have a SkyMiles account, you can quickly and easily earn 500 Bonus Miles by linking the two accounts today."
This.
Old May 29, 2009, 10:59 am

Programs: 1st Class Only
Originally Posted by cmh flyer
Received this email today. Looks like the ante has been increased from 500 to 1000 miles to link accounts.

"Our records indicate that you may have both a WorldPerks and SkyMiles account, and if so, you can quickly and easily earn 1,000 Bonus Miles by linking the two accounts today. There's no fee to link your accounts, and by doing so, you can take advantage of all the SkyMiles and WorldPerks redemption options available. If you are unaware of your SkyMiles account number, contact a SkyMiles representative at 1-800-323-2323.

In addition, linking your WorldPerks and SkyMiles accounts now will enable us to automatically combine your WorldPerks account with your existing SkyMiles account when the programs fully merge later this year. At that time, all account data - mileage balances, Elite Qualification Miles, Elite Qualification Segments, Medallion® Qualification Miles, Medallion Qualification Segments and lifetime balances - will be consolidated. Until then, you can continue to earn miles in both accounts.

If you haven't linked your accounts by the program integration date - or if you do not have an existing SkyMiles account - your WorldPerks account will be assigned a new SkyMiles number, and you will receive a SkyMiles credentials package for the newly created account in early 2010.

Please continue to stay informed of the latest news and what's ahead for the SkyMiles and WorldPerks programs by visiting delta.com/integrationtimeline. This page is regularly updated to keep you up to speed on key communication dates and program news as we create the world's largest and best airline loyalty program.

You're the reason we fly,

Jeff Robertson
Vice President - Loyalty Programs Bob Soukup
Managing Director - WorldPerks Marketing
This is no biggie. Delta offered the 500 miles previously but actually posted 1,000 (500 X 2) for many of us.
Old May 29, 2009, 11:40 am

There was some fine print at the bottom of the 1,000 bonus miles letter I received, which I learned about the hard way. Even though the letter explicitly offered 1,000 bonus miles for linking today and the letter was sent out May 28, 2009, "today" doesn't start until June 1, 2009.

I linked my accounts via the link in the email, and received a confirmation stating that I would receive 500 miles for doing so. I emailed NW to ask for clarification, and got told June 1, tough luck on the other 500 miles.
Old May 29, 2009, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
There was some fine print at the bottom of the 1,000 bonus miles letter I received, which I learned about the hard way. Even though the letter explicitly offered 1,000 bonus miles for linking today and the letter was sent out May 28, 2009, "today" doesn't start until June 1, 2009.

I linked my accounts via the link in the email, and received a confirmation stating that I would receive 500 miles for doing so. I emailed NW to ask for clarification, and got told June 1, tough luck on the other 500 miles.
Below is the "fine print"........

Terms and Conditions

Offer: Members of the SkyMiles and WorldPerks programs may link their accounts and receive a one-time bonus of 1,000 Bonus Miles. To be eligible for this offer, the member will need to complete the linking process application on nwa.com or delta.com between June 1, 2009 and July 31, 2009. Bonus Miles will post to member's SkyMiles account 4-6 weeks following the end of the promotion, July 31, 2009.

Miscellaneous: Offers are void where prohibited by law. Offers are subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply. Please refer Delta customer service representative to 970624.
Old May 29, 2009, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by cmh flyer
Below is the "fine print"........

Terms and Conditions

Offer: Members of the SkyMiles and WorldPerks programs may link their accounts and receive a one-time bonus of 1,000 Bonus Miles. To be eligible for this offer, the member will need to complete the linking process application on nwa.com or delta.com between June 1, 2009 and July 31, 2009.
Now maybe this is a silly perspective, but when I receive something that looks like

Our records indicate that you may have both a WorldPerks and SkyMiles account, and if so, you can quickly and easily earn 1,000 Bonus Miles by linking the two accounts today.
I figure that today ought to mean the day I receive it, and if they really meant a different day, then maybe the email should have read "Starting June 1, 2009, if you link your accounts..." and I shouldn't have to read the fine print to figure out their definition of "today".
Old May 29, 2009, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Now maybe this is a silly perspective, but when I receive something that looks like

Our records indicate that you may have both a WorldPerks and SkyMiles account, and if so, you can quickly and easily earn 1,000 Bonus Miles by linking the two accounts today.
I figure that today ought to mean the day I receive it, and if they really meant a different day, then maybe the email should have read "Starting June 1, 2009, if you link your accounts..." and I shouldn't have to read the fine print to figure out their definition of "today".
I agree!
Old May 29, 2009, 3:08 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
What about those of us who linked the two accounts early? Do we get bubkas?
Old May 29, 2009, 6:30 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
I don't have a Delta SkyMiles account yet. I do have a NW WP account (with a modest number of miles sitting in it). Same is true for the wife.

We both applied for (and were accepted for) the Delta SkyMiles Amex card in the last few days. Cards have not arrived yet.

Is now the time for us to go sign-up and create new Delta SkyMiles accounts, so we can grab the extra 1000 miles on 6/1/09?

Any gotchas we need to watch out for? Seems like there always are....
Old May 29, 2009, 7:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bostonbali
What about those of us who linked the two accounts early? Do we get bubkas?
of course. it's DL. everyone gets 'bubkas.'
Old May 29, 2009, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Is now the time for us to go sign-up and create new Delta SkyMiles accounts, so we can grab the extra 1000 miles on 6/1/09?
Not sure of the validity on DL, but IIRC some threads mention limited FF acount access or something for the first 10 days of a new account on some airline FF accounts. My advice: go ahead and start your new SM account immediately. Heck, it's free. About the only free thing DL will ever give you.

If you are not an Alaska member, this link will get you 180 free as in I mean FREE Skypiles Miles in your new DL account in one day. ^
Old May 29, 2009, 7:20 pm

Programs: NW-PE, Blue Star SeaSmiles
Originally Posted by nwflyboy

Any gotchas we need to watch out for? Seems like there always are....
I believe that AMEX will create the SM accounts as they need to have something to link the the credit cards to. Please read the T&C of the deal you signed up for and I believe that you will find that statement for applications that do not specify SM account numbers
Old May 29, 2009, 7:26 pm

Programs: NW-PE, Blue Star SeaSmiles
Originally Posted by mesabadad
This is no biggie. Delta offered the 500 miles previously but actually posted 1,000 (500 X 2) for many of us.
Didn't even notice that on my wife's DL account till now. She had some orphan miles we wanted to move over and use on NWA. Haven't linked my old DL account as it's been empty for quite awhile. Also found this in my wife's DL account that we emptied out. She has one mile in that account!

29 Apr 2009 Expiration Extension (posted on 29May2009) 1 0 1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.