Will NW/DL match AA/UA double EQM?

Subscribe
Do you think that DL/NW will match the double EQM promos currently being offered by AA and UA?

Has NW been known to do so in the past?
Quote: Do you think that DL/NW will match the double EQM promos currently being offered by AA and UA?

Has NW been known to do so in the past?
I believe they've done so in the past.... At least once I think.
What's double of 0?
Quote: Has NW been known to do so in the past?
Yes - and NW has initiated their own 2X EQM promos. During one I thought it an excellent time to visit Singapore as I had already been to Capetown and Bangkok.
Quote: What's double of 0?
Do you really want DL to do that math? I think it'll be a negative number...
Quote: I believe they've done so in the past.... At least once I think.
I remember NW matching UA when UA tried to steal customers from NW with a double EQM promo during the mechanics' strike.
Quote: I remember NW matching UA when UA tried to steal customers from NW with a double EQM promo during the mechanics' strike.
Yes indeed, kids those were good times as I remember them well!!! Shame, they ain't comin' no more.

Safe Travels
Quote: Yes indeed, kids those were good times as I remember them well!!! Shame, they ain't comin' no more.

Safe Travels
Surely the mechanics strike wasn't a good time for travelers? So much tension and apprehension about flight stoppages.
Well, regardless, this seems like a good time to shoot for ExPlat on AA considering how much they've ruined the benefits of NW Plat.... I've got enough travel to book during the period to bank myself about 70K or so
Quote: What's double of 0?
Zero -- but if DL would run a triple EQM promotion maybe I could do some exceptional math.
Quote: Do you really want DL to do that math? I think it'll be a negative number...
Yeah, and I'm sure there will be a partner fee, and a multiplication fee, and some other fee they'll add soon.
Quote: Yes indeed, kids those were good times as I remember them well!!! Shame, they ain't comin' no more.

Safe Travels
And until the end of February two years later people were whining about the oversupply of NW elites.

Hey, it won't affect me this time. Go for it!
Quote: Surely the mechanics strike wasn't a good time for travelers? So much tension and apprehension about flight stoppages.
Fair point Slippahs, I meant more the promo itself was good. Mike I won't be availing myself. AA EXP I think this year is enough as work travel is way way down.

Safe Travels
My recollection was UA started with a farily lame/tame double EQM promo to take advantage of the mechanics' strike. NW replied with a wide-open, no-holds barred promo valid for quite a few weeks.
Do we really want a double EQM promo over here considering that a number of us have complained about the oversaturation of NW/DL Elites and the fact that this could reduce some of our chances of upgrades? I kind of equate the double EQM to the DL Amex status issues that many of us have voiced our opinions about. More Elites lessens one's chance at an upgrade.