Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have you signed a stone at DTW?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2010, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
How did I miss this thread? I will make an extra effort to make it to DTW to sign a rock.
I've talked to DTW based FA's who looked at like I was crazy when I mentioned the rocks and then when I saw them later told me they had gone and seen for themselves and were amazed that they had worked/flew from DTW for YEARS an never knew...

When you sign a rock make sure to date it and put your flyertalk handle so we can find it when we go through DTW!

I might have mentioned this before...but whenever I go through DTW and I have time, I go look for my rock...makes me happy to see it!
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Finding my thread bubbled up to the top was a terrific birthday present. Thanks, everyone! Since I burned the last of my NW miles earlier this year and am not flying Skyteam anymore, the chances of being at DTW are now slim. I'll live vicariously through your posts.

Long live the memory of our Redtail!
Old Sep 17, 2010, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by boxo
Finding my thread bubbled up to the top was a terrific birthday present. Thanks, everyone!
Happy B'day! Remember, an airline lives on through its people. The sun never sets on Northwest Airlines.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 12:13 pm

Since I burned the last of my NW miles earlier this year and am not flying Skyteam anymore, the chances of being at DTW are now slim. I'll live vicariously through your posts.

Long live the memory of our Redtail!
My sentiments exactly. But I am determined to make it to DTW to pay my respects. One of these days.

BTW : Happy Birthday

Last edited by Exleftseat; Sep 22, 2010 at 5:49 pm Reason: GRAMMAR
Old Mar 17, 2011, 9:39 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
I finally signed a rock on a recent trip, DTW-ATL-CUN. I spent about 10 minutes looking through all of the rocks. There are a lot of them where the writing is starting to wear off, so if you did not use a permanent marker you might need to make another trip back to re-sign your FT handle.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by infinityplusone
I finally signed a rock on a recent trip, DTW-ATL-CUN. I spent about 10 minutes looking through all of the rocks. There are a lot of them where the writing is starting to wear off, so if you did not use a permanent marker you might need to make another trip back to re-sign your FT handle.
Congrats!!! Did you put your FlyerTalk name on it?

Funny you mention the fading issue...last time I went through DTW I remembered to bring my permanent black marker along and touched up my rock!

Even permanent marker fades over time!
Old Mar 31, 2011, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by Burj
Congrats!!! Did you put your FlyerTalk name on it?

Funny you mention the fading issue...last time I went through DTW I remembered to bring my permanent black marker along and touched up my rock!

Even permanent marker fades over time!
Hmmm...I now have something to do on my 3 hour layover @ DTW this summer.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Only had pens with me so creating will again have to wait. BDNYC's is in a prime location and looks good.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
Only had pens with me so creating will again have to wait. BDNYC's is in a prime location and looks good.
How did you know what BDNYC's rock looks like? Whenever I look I can't seem to find other FlyerTalker's rocks...
Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:35 am

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
Originally Posted by Burj
How did you know what BDNYC's rock looks like? Whenever I look I can't seem to find other FlyerTalker's rocks...
Wow, I signed my rock last July, glad to hear it stayed in a good spot. Gotta get back to DTW to visit. Burj, can't believe you missed my rock.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 8:41 am

Programs: UA 2P, DL, FL A+ Elite, AA
saw your rock last week between the fountain and Starbucks, Burj!

Didn't see any other FT handles though. I looked but didn't sift through them because they're covered with bird doo from the birdies that live in the fake ficus trees.

I was planning to sign one but forgot to pack my sharpie. *facepalm*
Old Aug 22, 2011, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by sheremetyevo
saw your rock last week between the fountain and Starbucks, Burj!

Didn't see any other FT handles though. I looked but didn't sift through them because they're covered with bird doo from the birdies that live in the fake ficus trees.

I was planning to sign one but forgot to pack my sharpie. *facepalm*
Oh wow! You made my day! It makes me really happy to know that it is still in DTW! About a year ago I actually had remembered to bring my marker again and touch it up as it had faded quite a bit...
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:21 pm

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
I only had a pen, but I attempted to sign a rock in the display between A50 and A54. It has my actual name and Roll Tide! written on it.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
You're all making my day/week! I love when this thread bubbles up a few times a year.

My rock must be blank by now.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:52 am

You're all making my day/week! I love when this thread bubbles up a few times a year.

My rock must be blank by now.
Embrace your inner widget and come over to the dark side so you can transit through DTW and touch up your rock! (Plus we have biscoff cookies!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.