Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Trouble Status Matching from Delta to Northwest

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2009, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM/SC/SkyBonus, UA (xCO), AS, AA, US, FL, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold, Choice, Wyndham

I called WorldPerks asking for a Status Match to my DL Silver Medallion status. The WP rep told me that NW is not matching DL status anymore. I also wanted my DL SkyClub/CRC membership to me recognized by my WP Account, and they also said no.

There are some mileage promos offered by NW, but I obviously want my DL status for the 25% elite bonus. Any suggestions?
Old Apr 2, 2009, 5:38 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Use your DL skymiles number on the NW flights.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM/SC/SkyBonus, UA (xCO), AS, AA, US, FL, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold, Choice, Wyndham
Originally Posted by tvnwz
Use your DL skymiles number on the NW flights.
I'm aware of that option, but there are promos that only NW offers as well as elite members receiving better award availability on nwa.com as an elite.

My SkyClub/CRC membership is attached to my SkyMiles #, and the NW WC cannot lookup my SkyClub Membership if I don't have my SkyClub Card. I will be travelling BOI-SEA on AS and may not receive my SkyClub/CRC card by then. How will I be able to gain access to the NW WorldClub or AS Board Room if I do not have my SkyClub card, and I am flying with an AS boarding pass which will not display my SkyClub/CRC membership?
Old Apr 2, 2009, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by Dilemma
I'm aware of that option, but there are promos that only NW offers as well as elite members receiving better award availability on nwa.com as an elite.
Not that I particularly advocate this method but one can always match to another carrier and then match to NW.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 8:43 pm

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Dilemma

My SkyClub/CRC membership is attached to my SkyMiles #, and the NW WC cannot lookup my SkyClub Membership if I don't have my SkyClub Card. I will be travelling BOI-SEA on AS and may not receive my SkyClub/CRC card by then. How will I be able to gain access to the NW WorldClub or AS Board Room if I do not have my SkyClub card, and I am flying with an AS boarding pass which will not display my SkyClub/CRC membership?
On my last renewal to the WC, they emailed a letter to me indicating that I was a WC member and asking them to permit access to the club, as I wanted to use it in a President's Club. Perhaps you can call and either ask them to fax or email you a similar letter.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 10:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
I matched NW ---> DL about a month or so ago. Odd.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
It would seem to be a waste for NW/DL to match each other at this point. It would only benefit the customer, and that won't work for them.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 1:35 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
It would seem to be a waste for NW/DL to match each other at this point. It would only benefit the customer, and that won't work for them.
Of course not - anything that benefits the CUSTOMER is out. Remember "best in class"? I was reminded of that this morning when I was served a cold breakfast from EWR to MSP on NW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.