Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Help with Award Upgrade Advice for Family Trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2009, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DM MM

Searched the forums - no luck on this question:

Booked award travel under 1 confirmation # for the family (me = PE, spouse = GE, kid = no status). Both flights are 100% open in 1st, 3 weeks out.

How do award upgrades work in this situation? Spouse and I should get upgraded no problem, but will having our tickets linked with the kid's, will that hold us back, or will they also upgrade the kid?

Any advise on unlinking tickets would be appreciated.

Note: I did get the kid coach bulkhead so that he would be close if we went forward and he didn't.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
There are a few pieces of the puzzle missing. Is the trip on an upgradeable route? North America/Caribbean? If not, then I don't know that it will matter.

On other threads recently, it was mentioned recently that only Gold and Plats are upgraded on award travel in North America/Caribbean areas. And the lowest level elite in the record would determine the upgrade. So having a non-elite would mean no one gets an upgrade.

If these were revenue tickets, then I'd say to split the wife out of the PNR. Otherwise you may just have to split all three up. They say you only get upgraded on awards a day in advance, but I've been upgraded the normal 5/6 days in advance recently.

I would search a bit more, as there have been other threads in the last couple of months. I'm weaning myself from NW with all the new bad stuff they're imposing on us. So I'm not sure I'm up to date on all their new nonsense.

Originally Posted by RoadGame
Searched the forums - no luck on this question:

Booked award travel under 1 confirmation # for the family (me = PE, spouse = GE, kid = no status). Both flights are 100% open in 1st, 3 weeks out.

How do award upgrades work in this situation? Spouse and I should get upgraded no problem, but will having our tickets linked with the kid's, will that hold us back, or will they also upgrade the kid?

Any advise on unlinking tickets would be appreciated.

Note: I did get the kid coach bulkhead so that he would be close if we went forward and he didn't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.