Wiki Posts
Search

Spinzels are back!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2005, 2:46 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Spinzels are back!!!

Good news for you spinzel lovers. We were erved two packets of Spinzels on a Pinnacle flight (MOB-MEM) on August 31.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 3:08 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Yaatri
Good news for you spinzel lovers. We were erved two packets of Spinzels on a Pinnacle flight (MOB-MEM) on August 31.
Were they really stale? Maybe the F/A found a hidden bag of them in an obscure cabinet and decided to give them out.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
IIRC.. they never left Pinnacle or Mesaba flights... is that true?
Old Sep 15, 2005, 3:39 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bikeguy
Were they really stale? Maybe the F/A found a hidden bag of them in an obscure cabinet and decided to give them out.
No, they did not taste stale. I don't like spinzels. But I asked for seconds as I had been staving, having just survived three days without electricity, water, or proper food.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 4:03 pm
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
When I got some last month on a commuter I questioned the attendant -- she said they were going to use them until they ran out . . . . but that no more would ordered.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Choices...

Given the choice between Spinzels and its similarly packaged Mini Pretzels, I'd take the Spinzels in a heart beat...... My favorite NW snack still remains to be the Zestybites they served more than 5 years ago but those are long gone (or stale...if I had them).

I saw Spinzels at HNL worldclub in August.....I wonder if they still would have it at other places?

Jiburi
Old Sep 15, 2005, 9:10 pm

Programs: NW, MR SE,
Spinzels are still served in FC

I was on four differnt flights over the Labor Day weekend in FC from FNT-MSP-LAX and back. I was presented with a basket containing the bags of Spinzels and the mixed nuts. People were still taking the Spinzels and they weren't stale. Are these leftovers or new batches?

HJ

Last edited by hyunja; Sep 15, 2005 at 9:11 pm Reason: Added comment about them not being stale
Old Sep 15, 2005, 9:18 pm

Programs: NW Gold, Hilton Gold (comped)
Bankruptcy Smankruptcy

Spintzels are back? Spintzels are back!

Take that, all you nay-sayers who didn't think any good could come from the bankruptcy filing.

happy spintzelling,
/s/ basic
Old Sep 15, 2005, 9:31 pm

Programs: United 1K
Well, I broke down the other day and went to the Spinzels website and ordered a couple huge jars and 30 bags. Still waiting for them to be delivered.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 9:37 pm

Programs: CO Platinum HHonors Diamond Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Yaatri
First a strike, then bankruptcy, and now spinzels are back? What's next, getting punched in the face as I hand over my BP?

peace,
~Ben~ <---(Not a spinzel lover - thinks they taste like there are strange chemicals in 'em)
Old Sep 15, 2005, 9:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
Spinzel's never left FC... and I've flown a couple coach segments the last couple days and no spinzels anywhere to be seen.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 10:55 pm

Programs: DL-Million Miler
Spintzels still on airlink flights

I could be wrong, but Spintzels never left the NW airlink flights. It was just on the parent airline, and only in coach. There have been Spintzels galore in FC. Hey, they taste buttery, but there's no butter in them!
Old Sep 19, 2005, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had Pretzel Minis on Pinnacle today

Was served two bags of Pretzel Minis today on a Pinnacle flight (along with a full can of Diet Pepsi). Same brand as the Spinzels (Great Harvest), but without that fake buttery goodness. So much for the theory that are just serving the Spinzels until they run out.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold
I tried them yesterday, and 3 bags later I finally stopped eating them
Old Sep 21, 2005, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
No Spinzel's on any of my flights in the past 2 days (4 flights connecting in MSP)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.