Search

Help with Denmark itinerary suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2007, 10:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Help with Denmark itinerary suggestions

I am planning already for June next year mainly so I can be in Europe during the Euro 2008 football tournament, which I've wanted to do for a few years, and thought I'd ask for some advice from the board to help in that planning.

I've settled on week one 1-7 June in Eastern Germany and already am holding very good rates in both Leipzig and Dresden which will be followed by 4 nights at Marriott Copenhagen using points. Should I add on another few nights in Copenhagen itself? Is 4 nights too short for Copenhagen? What other cities in Denmark would be a good option to add on another 3-4 nights? Aarhus?

I know given the time I have available, which is roughly a week, I'll never get to see all Denmark has to offer but I thought I could at least scratch the surface. Any advice or comments would be appreciated.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
If you just plan to stay around Copenhagen then four nights is PLENTY!! I did three days there and hit pretty much everything.

Central Copenhagen is extremely easy to get around in. Everything within walking distance but they do have a small train system if you want to conserve some time. Stroget/Tivoli/Nyhavn/Palace/Little Mermaid/museums are all close together (no more than 1/2 hour for the furthest outlayer (probably Little Mermaid).

You might want to think about a day trip to Malmo, Sweden, it is right across the Oresund sound and easily gotten to by train. A beautiful little town. As well the Turning Torso building (relatively famous) is there (I'm an engineer so get into that stuff. )

I do not have advice for other cities in Denmark but again, three-four days is plenty of time to get to know Copenhagen (and Malmo too! )

Originally Posted by tcook052
I am planning already for June next year mainly so I can be in Europe during the Euro 2008 football tournament, which I've wanted to do for a few years, and thought I'd ask for some advice from the board to help in that planning.

I've settled on week one 1-7 June in Eastern Germany and already am holding very good rates in both Leipzig and Dresden which will be followed by 4 nights at Marriott Copenhagen using points. Should I add on another few nights in Copenhagen itself? Is 4 nights too short for Copenhagen? What other cities in Denmark would be a good option to add on another 3-4 nights? Aarhus?

I know given the time I have available, which is roughly a week, I'll never get to see all Denmark has to offer but I thought I could at least scratch the surface. Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

Last edited by Flyer_70; Aug 27, 2007 at 8:12 pm Reason: One of many spelling mistakes...
Old Aug 27, 2007, 7:48 pm

Programs: Delta DM
yeah, I agree with Flyer_70. I did the Stroget/Palace/Little Mermaid and some musemus all in a day. but you could stretch them out over a few days. I have wanted to do Malmo, my partner did that and fell in love with the town.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
If you spend time in Malm , also visit Lund, just up the rail line. The two towns make for a very enjoyable combination.

Another alternate is to expand your exploration of the eastern Germany areas. For example, add Weimar and Erfurt to the two cities you already have on your agenda.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 10:44 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Totally agree with Flyer_70. I've done CPH twice - the first time, I had 24 hours, and I think I did a pretty good job of it. There's a walk trail/tour that you could follow - starts and ends at the City Hall, and is self-guided (maps are available). This is really a CPH 101 and 201 rolled into one! If you only want to visit individual places briefly, the trail should talk you around 4-5 hours. You could make it a day-long program and do the things in detail. Whatever you do, make sure you hit Tivoli after 5.00 pm (maybe even later).

With 3-4 days, you can do MUCH more, including Northern Denmark (Alborg, Skagens, and also the highest point in Denmark - Mllehj) and Malmo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.