Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Copenhagen airport hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Copenhagen airport hotel?

Now that the Copenhagen Airport Hilton has left the Hilton family, I am urgently in need of a suitable replacement. Ease of access and cost are the most important factors for me. Does anyone have suggestions that would NOT involve driving or taking a taxi?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by puchong
Now that the Copenhagen Airport Hilton has left the Hilton family, I am urgently in need of a suitable replacement. Ease of access and cost are the most important factors for me. Does anyone have suggestions that would NOT involve driving or taking a taxi?
Why not use the same hotel since it's the same place but now a Nordic Choice hotel called the Clarion Copenhagen Airport hotel? Same physical plant and seems like a lot of the same staff still.

If you want to save money and use the train or Metro, then your options expand beyond just this hotel -- and some of those alternatives may save a good deal of money. But none of the alternatives are as convenient to the airport as walking to the rebranded Clarion Hotel CPH.

If you have Hilton elite status, Nordic Choice Club will match your Hilton elite status and the benefits are pretty good too.

When I want to rely upon public transport and save a good deal of money over the Hilton-turned-Clarion CPH hotel but have a good quality room that is much better than say the Park Inn CPH, I consider the Quality View hotel at the Malmo-Hyllie station in Sweden. Even with the cost of the roundtrip train ticket to go from CPH to Malmo and back -- bonus of basically unlimited public transit in Malmo and in Copenhagen within 24 hours as long as not crossing the bridge more than once in each direction -- I seem to often be able to save a pretty penny and then some by doing this with the Quality View hotel in Sweden when flying in/out of CPH.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 2, 2017 at 1:33 pm
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

GUWonder, thanks very much for your thoughtful post. Yes, I am a HH Diamond and have got the Nordic Choice Platinum status as well. However, most of my stays at the former Hilton were on Cash+Points rates, which are of course out now. The current rates are too dear for me.

While I don't know the Quality hotel in Malmo, I have stayed often at the Park Inn & Radisson in Malmo and the former is usually good value for money. However, on this occasion I was trying to get to a hotel very quickly after landing - while the old Hilton would have been ideal, sadly it is out of reach now.

Do you know how easy / expensive it is to get to the Crowne Plaza, CPH?
Old Jun 3, 2017, 1:46 am
Suspended

GUWonder, thanks very much for your thoughtful post. Yes, I am a HH Diamond and have got the Nordic Choice Platinum status as well. However, most of my stays at the former Hilton were on Cash+Points rates, which are of course out now. The current rates are too dear for me.

While I don't know the Quality hotel in Malmo, I have stayed often at the Park Inn & Radisson in Malmo and the former is usually good value for money. However, on this occasion I was trying to get to a hotel very quickly after landing - while the old Hilton would have been ideal, sadly it is out of reach now.

The Park Inn and Radisson hotels in Malmo are not so convenient for the CPH airport, so I wouldn't suggest those generally. The Park Inn CPH is more convenient than the Park Inn or Radisson hotels in Malmo, but I find the Park Inn CPH run down and generally not a very good value; and the Park Inn CPH also generally requires taking the metro rail or other vehicular transport to get there.

If factoring in the c. $25-26 roundtrip train ticket cost for CPH-Malmo-CPH, the Quality View hotel front desk at Malmo-Hyllie can be literally reached around 13-14 minutes after boarding the train at CPH. And the Quality View hotel Malmo-Hyllie station costs around $85-$145/night and includes breakfast at those rates. It's a good value and is much cheaper than the Hilton-turned-Clarion CPH airport hotel. Given the prices the CP Copenhagen asks for and the relative inconvenience and costs of getting to/from it, I'd only be interested in the CP Copenhagen if using points was the reason to consider it; and/or the room is going to be used by more than two people, and/or being near CPH airport (for late arrival/early departure) isn't as much a requirement as being conveniently located for transport to/from CPH airport. Otherwise the Quality View hotel has become my value proposition for my overnight stays convenient to CPH -- when using cash rates.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:20 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
The CP Copenhagen runs a half-hourly shuttle to the airport which costs DKK 15 (or 2 euros, but I don't know if euro coins would be accepted for payment). It can be charged to the room.

Alternatively, it can be accessed by a 5-minute train journey, crossing a road and a 1-minute walk. The train trip costs DKK 24 for a paper ticket, but is free if one has purchased a 24-hour ticket. The train runs every 10 minutes (every 20 minutes later in the evenings). Note, it is not the metro, but on the line to Malmö (in the opposite direction).

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Given the prices the CP Copenhagen asks for and the relative inconvenience and costs of getting to/from it, I'd only be interested in the CP Copenhagen if using points was the reason to consider it; and/or the room is going to be used by more than two people, and/or being near CPH airport (for late arrival/early departure) isn't as much a requirement as being conveniently located for transport to/from CPH airport.
Sure, the CP is *relatively* inconvenient when compared to the ex-Hilton at the airport, but it is not inconvenient. And if one wants to be in Copenhagen rather than Malmö or on a pure transit, then it is more convenient than staying in Malmö.

I would agree that it is generally only worthwhile to stay at the CP on points, unless one does not care at all about how high the paid rates are. However, they do offer lounge access to IHG Spire Elites which includes breakfast and a light evening meal (if one is so inclined) every day, whereas AFAICS the Nordic Choice hotels only offer SEK 125 off a restaurant bill for their top tier, once, and the 1800 checkout.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 3:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by :D!
The CP Copenhagen runs a half-hourly shuttle to the airport which costs DKK 15 (or 2 euros, but I don't know if euro coins would be accepted for payment). It can be charged to the room.

Alternatively, it can be accessed by a 5-minute train journey, crossing a road and a 1-minute walk. The train trip costs DKK 24 for a paper ticket, but is free if one has purchased a 24-hour ticket. The train runs every 10 minutes (every 20 minutes later in the evenings). Note, it is not the metro, but on the line to Malmö (in the opposite direction).

Sure, the CP is *relatively* inconvenient when compared to the ex-Hilton at the airport, but it is not inconvenient. And if one wants to be in Copenhagen rather than Malmö or on a pure transit, then it is more convenient than staying in Malmö.

I would agree that it is generally only worthwhile to stay at the CP on points, unless one does not care at all about how high the paid rates are. However, they do offer lounge access to IHG Spire Elites which includes breakfast and a light evening meal (if one is so inclined) every day, whereas AFAICS the Nordic Choice hotels only offer SEK 125 off a restaurant bill for their top tier, once, and the 1800 checkout.
The CP doesn't include breakfast in its rates for most of its customers, not even for most IHG elites.

Also, for bad arrival times, I'm not sure I would want to wait for the shuttle bus, since they don't always arrive every 30 minutes. So it's train either way for me.

The Choice hotels' brands in the area offer free breakfast -- Skt Petri is a Nordic Choice property but isn't using a Choice hotel brand -- for all guests. The 125Kr vouchers are indeed per stay but they are also for Gold and Platinum tier customers.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
I stayed at the Bella Sky (now a Marriott) once shortly after it opened. It's a pretty interesting place. It has like 800 rooms so rates should be cheap unless there is a trade show at Bella. I paid less than $100 and used Hotwire.

It's two stops on the train and then one stop on the metro. The Crowne Plaza is right there at Oerestad where you connect.

Sometimes the Hilton had rates of around DKK 800 on weekends and during the summer.

There is also a Quality hotel one stop away on the metro (Kastrup) and walkable with light luggage. I reckon that it is a dump like most older hotels in DK.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 5:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gnaget
I stayed at the Bella Sky (now a Marriott) once shortly after it opened. It's a pretty interesting place. It has like 800 rooms so rates should be cheap unless there is a trade show at Bella. I paid less than $100 and used Hotwire.

It's two stops on the train and then one stop on the metro. The Crowne Plaza is right there at Oerestad where you connect.

Sometimes the Hilton had rates of around DKK 800 on weekends and during the summer.

There is also a Quality hotel one stop away on the metro (Kastrup) and walkable with light luggage. I reckon that it is a dump like most older hotels in DK.
The Quality Dan and the Park Inn CPH are both rather dumpy. And the rates are high enough that I'm usually better off getting the c $22-25 roundtrip train ticket to cross over the bridge into Sweden and use one of the two hotels at Hyllie in Sweden that are 15 minutes or less from CPH -- and both of those Swedish hotels are newer and nicer than the non-Hilton/non-Clarion Kastrup area hotels. Since the roundtrip ticket is good for just about unlimited 24 hour public travel in Copenhagen and Malmo -- as long as not crossing the bridge more than twice on the ticket -- it's a pretty good deal. I sometimes manage to get the Quality View in Hyllie for 635SEK and that includes a decent breakfast.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 21, 2017 at 5:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.