Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SL Access card for child discount?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:53 am
Original Poster

SL Access card for child discount?

Unfortunately, it seems my 12 year old will just missed free travel on Stockholm public transit over our holiday weekend trip (Easter) - the rule appears to be under 12. That's fine though - he hasn't been free at home on public transit in years!

But how does he get the discounted fare? Does he carry his own SL Access card that is coded to the discount? How does this work?

Thanks!
Old Jan 19, 2016, 12:29 pm

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
I am assuming that you want a 24 or 72 hours ticket.
In that case, yes each person has to buy an Access Card (20 SEK) and load the ticket on. Ask for a reduced price 24 or 72 hours ticket for your son.
The Access Cards (with the tickets on) can be bought in the airport at the entrance to the commuter train.

Zone tickets I have no experience with.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by helosc
I am assuming that you want a 24 or 72 hours ticket.
In that case, yes each person has to buy an Access Card (20 SEK) and load the ticket on. Ask for a reduced price 24 or 72 hours ticket for your son.
The Access Cards (with the tickets on) can be bought in the airport at the entrance to the commuter train.

Zone tickets I have no experience with.
We'll be there for 5 days. I was hoping I can just top up the card with a prepaid value that each ride deducts from?
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:46 pm

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Yes you can.
On this link choose 'Visitors Tickets' and then 'Zone Tickets' to read about it.
http://sl.se/en/fares--tickets/

As mentioned earlier, I have never used these tickets. Someone else'll have to help you there.

Do a calculation though, it might be worth it to buy a 72 hours ticket and a 24 hours ticket to cover your stay.
I find it very convenient to buy multiple day tickets when on holiday - gives you full access to transport without having to think about how many tickets you are using and without the hassle of having to top up a travelcard.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 1:25 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by manda99
We'll be there for 5 days. I was hoping I can just top up the card with a prepaid value that each ride deducts from?
The pre-load and pay per ride option does exist, with a slight discount for the child ticket.

Then there is also the 7 day pass for adults at 300SEK, and child's 7-day pass at 180SEK.

I'd go for that 7 day pass rather than having to deal with the pay-per-trip option, at least for the child's use of the public transit system.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 1:35 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Krhmm.. has anyone had experience with anyone in SL actually checking id's of 12 yr olds...
Old Jan 20, 2016, 3:25 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by tsastor
Krhmm.. has anyone had experience with anyone in SL actually checking id's of 12 yr olds...
It would be very, very rare. Most 12 year olds -- even the foreign resident ones in Stockholm -- don't have ID on them when using SL.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by tsastor
a bit OT but actually the service agent at LHR, when I was buying Oystercard for me and son asked did he just fill years and was kinda telling me to lie his age, odd
I did not go that way though, I was too honest to bring few more pounds to UK
Old Jan 21, 2016, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FFlash
a bit OT but actually the service agent at LHR, when I was buying Oystercard for me and son asked did he just fill years and was kinda telling me to lie his age, odd
Same. I'd be guilt-ridden and nervous the entire time and I was illegally transporting him. I'm not meant for a life of crime!
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:16 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by FFlash
That's what I mean. I've had similar experiences with SL. Although some ten years ago...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.