Search

Star Alliance check-in/baggage drop at ARN T5

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Star Alliance check-in/baggage drop at ARN T5

Someone on the UA forum mentioned that there are check-in kiosks and a common bag drop area for *A airlines in T5 (SK excluded--and maybe LH?). Is that true?

If so, what are the hours of operation? And is it possible to drop off bags the night before a *A flight? Taking UA69 ARN-EWR at 9:05am this summer. It has been nice to drop off bags the night before a morning SK and LH flight in the past.

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 10:35 am

Bumping this query as we have same UA flight this coming late May. ^^

Our current plan is to store luggage at Centraal Station after disembarking cruise ship the day before the flight and then catching express train to airport hotel to overnight. Would be nice to first check in our large bag and just deal with carry-on the next morning.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Menzies Aviation does the handling for United at ARN. Their check-in is in the "old" part of T5 on the LHS if you enter the main revolving doors from curbside dropoff. They also handle Turkish and Swiss.

I doubt that they have overnight check-in for United. But you can try to call Menzies and ask:
http://www.swedavia.com/arlanda/flig...ndling-agents/

I think these contract ground handling companies typically open check-in X hours before departure at a few counters.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Only SAS does checkin the evening before, all others open checkin only 3-4 h before departure. LH is handled by SAS, hence the special service.

View Screen Capture

No dice with LX/UA/TK/4U etc etc.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thank you both. I figured as much, but I have sent an e-mail just in the hopes they say it's possible.

FIL Swede just tried calling the phone number in gnanet's link, but it is out of service.

Edited to add: found another phone number on Google. They have confirmed "baggage drop-off begins 3 hours before departure."

Last edited by pseudoswede; Apr 21, 2015 at 8:47 am
Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Thanks for this thread. ANyone have experience with this contract staff interlining re luggage? How about SK staff, as I'm flying them first? Cheers. ^
Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Thanks for this thread. ANyone have experience with this contract staff interlining re luggage? How about SK staff, as I'm flying them first? Cheers. ^
If your first flight is with SK, then you will go to their check-in area in T5. Yes, you can drop your bags within 23 hours of your departure.

For flights back to the US, I've had SK refuse to check-through bags past EWR or ORD--regardless if on the same or separate tickets. "You have to pick them up in customs, anyways," they say. They have also checked-through my bags to my final destination. Luck of the draw, really.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Thanks pseudoswede, will connect thru LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.