Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels in Malmo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2010, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Platinum, Marriott
Hotels in Malmo

I would be interested to hear from any F Talkers who have stayed in Malmo recently. I had a confirmed reservation at the Renaissance for early January but have been advised that the Hotel is closing in December and they are unable to honour the booking (despite the reservation still showing as confirmed on my Marriott account page).

As alternatives I was looking at the Radisson, Hilton or the Master Johan. I would be grateful for any feedback from anyone who has stayed at these properties.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 2:03 pm

TripAdvisor is usually dead on, I'd follow their reviews:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g...Vacations.html
Old Oct 11, 2010, 9:51 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Pierre48
As alternatives I was looking at the Radisson, Hilton or the Master Johan. I would be grateful for any feedback from anyone who has stayed at these properties.
I've been by all three of them this year, but I use the Radisson most often, especially when the CARLSONF rate is available. When that rate is not available, I've been "downgrading" to the Clarion Temperance if it's a leisure trip (using points).

I'm not as interested in the Hilton Malmo, primarily because it is not as conveniently situated for me. I still do the Scandic Kramer and St. Jorgen properties, but that too is a function of leisure trips using awards.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:02 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by Pierre48
I have only stayed at the Hilton recently. It is quite ok for a good nights sleep and a nice Hilton breakfast. Otherwise, it is a little further from the city center but still conveniently located. The service is more like Scandic than Hilton but it is convenient for getting a Hhonors stay credit If you want a stylish Hilton with excellent service, I suggest that you stay at the CPH Hilton instead and take the frequent train to Malmö..
Old Oct 21, 2010, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
tAround December 12th, there is to be a train connection under the "Triangeln" area where the Hilton Malmo is located that will get rid of the need to walk to the Malmo Central (train) station in order to get to CPH airport by train.

http://www.malmo.se/English/Sustaina.../Mobility.html

The CPH Hilton is well located even for business in Malmo. The hotel is well-situated for getting the train to Malmo and it's also well-situated for the main CPH train station as well as the CPH Metro system trains.

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 21, 2010 at 4:38 pm
Old Oct 21, 2010, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Platinum, Marriott
tsastor (and GUWonder),

Thanks for the suggestions. Decided to stay at the Radisson as it seems like a fairly direct route from there to the University. Will be in Copenhagen for a few days prior to arrival in Malmo so will investigate a stay at the CPH Hilton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.