Community
Wiki Posts
Search

45min connection in OSL?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2016, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

45min connection in OSL?

I'm flying SAS from CDG->OSL (arriving 1615h on a Sunday) then departing at 1700h to Bergen. These are ticketed separately (although I could cancel and re-buy, for a higher fare to put them onto the same reservation if that matters - if so please let me know).

- I believe I will have to collect bags in OSL and re-check, yes?
- Will I have to transit security in OSL?
- Will I be able to make this connection?

Thanks!
Old Jul 4, 2016, 12:54 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
Not sure if you will make it to be honest. You will need a minimum of 10-15 minutes to get through to arrivals and then upstairs and through security again. That's another 10-15 minutes. And you need to make it to the gate, to the left after security. My guess is you will make it if you sit in front of the plane, there is no bus transport to terminal, you have hand luggage only, snd there is no line at security (don't know about Sunday). Otherwise I would advise 1 hour minimum.

And yes in my understanding you need to collect your bags and go through customs and security again. I have heard that there is a shortcut allowed for some flight connections but not sure if that applies to domestic.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Yikes, thanks for answering. We will have checked bags, although we could store them in the luggage storage at OSL as we won't need them while in Norway... That may help or that might hurt our chances, depending where the storage place is?
Old Jul 8, 2016, 8:26 pm

You sound suprised at being unable to make the transfer in 45 min?

And now you want to store your bags and make the 45 min connection?

Wow!

Originally Posted by nologic98
Yikes, thanks for answering. We will have checked bags, although we could store them in the luggage storage at OSL as we won't need them while in Norway... That may help or that might hurt our chances, depending where the storage place is?
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Yes, the oddness of that struck me too. Yet we must succeed !
Old Jul 9, 2016, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
SAS may well be willing to check the bags through. They did for me at LHR when I was flying to OSL and then on a separate ticket to IST on TK. You need to check the MCT at OSL as if it's more than 45 minutes, then you will be SOL.

At OSL, the connection was very quick- no one at Transfer security - and I was in the lounge 10 minutes after landing. However SAS seems to run late on a regular basis. I've had five flights with them this year. All have boarded late and have left the gate >15 minutes late, and four have arrived >15 minutes late. I would not risk a tight connection with them.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 11:39 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
SAS may well be willing to check the bags through. They did for me at LHR when I was flying to OSL and then on a separate ticket to IST on TK. You need to check the MCT at OSL as if it's more than 45 minutes, then you will be SOL.

At OSL, the connection was very quick- no one at Transfer security - and I was in the lounge 10 minutes after landing. However SAS seems to run late on a regular basis. I've had five flights with them this year. All have boarded late and have left the gate >15 minutes late, and four have arrived >15 minutes late. I would not risk a tight connection with them.
Very surprising; during my vacation in Norway recently, SAS 'looked' like they were going to board late - but they boarded very efficiently, and we arrived early on every single flight. (4 in total)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.