3 days in Copenhagen after a cruise

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3 days in Copenhagen after a cruise

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2016, 10:42 am

Awesome info.. Thanks again..

While going to mermaid we were planning on walking from Osterport (after taking a train from Orestad).

How long does it take from Kongens Nytorv bus stop to Little Mermaid stop ? If thats faster then we might as well take the metro to KN and take 26 from there.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 12:33 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
The bus takes about 15 minutes from Kgs Nytorv. But it does get busy in the morning peak, getting people to offices around Dampfærgevej.

To be honest, it's only a little over 5 minutes walk from the north exit from Østerport to the mermaid. Unless there's a bus approaching, I'd just walk it, personally!
Old Mar 16, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Ranles
As far as I can see, both Amalienborg and Rosenborg Castle are included in the Copenhagen Card.
Rosenborg has the Crown Jewels and crowns.
As you say it'll be much easier for you with a big map - then you can plot in the places you want to go to.
Are you sure you don't want to try Google maps on your computer/pad - it's really useful, you can search for places and you can zoom in and out.

There is a McDonalds at Norreport Station.
There is also a McDonalds on Kgs. Nytorv next to the department store 'Magasin'.
On the -1 floor of Magasin there is a bakery and you can buy sandwiches (and nice Summerbird chocolate ).
There are many bakeries, pizza places and shawarma/kebab places .
On the Town hall square there is a Burger King, a Kentucky, and a Starbucks.
Maybe you want to try one of the 'Polsevogne' ( small mobile eateries selling sausages and hotdogs) . I don't know exactly where they are but there are plenty.
(Hotel has kindly provided an I-Pad but I can't get a Danish keyboard - the first 'o' in Polsevogn is a Danish o with a slash, 'polse' meaning sausage).

Around the zoo : I am almost certain that there is a 'Polsevogn' in the zoo, or the cafeteria should have sandwiches.
At the metro stop 'Frederiksberg Station' there is a shopping center with a supermarket , a bakery, and a cafe among others.

Last edited by helosc; Mar 16, 2016 at 12:41 pm
Old Mar 18, 2016, 3:30 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Thanks again helosc

One month before we head off, and most all the planning is done.

As you can see, I try to be prepared before we go. The best planning always results in the best results! When something pops up better, it is easy to weight and to switch. No time is wasted on the transport issues, or putting the day together. it is not the best for everyone, but it has worked the best for use these last few decades!

Hope you had a pleasant flight.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 6:25 am

Yes, a very pleasant flight, thank you - and a lovely holiday.....

And the correct spelling for the vans selling sausages and hotdogs is 'Pølsevogn'.

I am a planner as well - I find that makes for more relaxed and enjoyable trips and one can always deviate from the plans if one wants to.
And planning is fun.
I especially plan well for transport - I hate not knowing my way around a place.

Enjoy your trip......
Old Mar 24, 2016, 2:22 pm

I just noticed today that there is a 'Pølsevogn' (sausages and hotdogs) in the airport, landside terminal 3 - if you feel hungry after you've come back to the hotel in the evening.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 2:38 pm

Programs: Delta silver
Thank you all for the great information. Visiting with the family in May will try some of these ideas

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.