Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Headed to Helsinki; help with sights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2015, 2:57 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by onlysilver
We have an 8 hour layover in December on the way to Hong Kong. We will head into the city for a few hours and walk around. Are there any good Christmas markets worth visiting? Any good suggestions for lunch?
There's a Christmas market on Senate Square, and plenty of restaurants nearby. What kind of food are you looking for?
Old Nov 1, 2015, 1:50 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards Gold, Club Carlson, Starwood Gold, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by SPBanker
There's a Christmas market on Senate Square, and plenty of restaurants nearby. What kind of food are you looking for?
Thanks for the response. We will be sure to check out the Christmas market. As for lunch, we would like to go somewhere traditional but not touristy.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 6:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by onlysilver
Thanks for the response. We will be sure to check out the Christmas market. As for lunch, we would like to go somewhere traditional but not touristy.
I liked my dinner at Sundmans Krog Bistro just opposite the Market Hall at the main Market Square right on the harbour and they do lunch as well. Lunch at the Market Hall itself is tasty if not inexpensive.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 1:45 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by tcook052
I liked my dinner at Sundmans Krog Bistro just opposite the Market Hall at the main Market Square right on the harbour and they do lunch as well. Lunch at the Market Hall itself is tasty if not inexpensive.
Krog Bistro is nice. I also like Juuri (http://juuri.fi/en/), which takes traditional/local ingredients and makes something new with them. Always tasty.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:27 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards Gold, Club Carlson, Starwood Gold, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by tcook052
Thank you for the Market Hall suggestion! That is exactly up our alley and what we look for in traveling. Hopefully we'll find some great new things to try. Also the menu on Krog Bistro looked amazing!

Originally Posted by SPBanker
Krog Bistro is nice. I also like Juuri (http://juuri.fi/en/), which takes traditional/local ingredients and makes something new with them. Always tasty.
Mmmhh!! We now wish we were staying a bit longer to enjoy both restaurants...we will have to plan a longer trip next time.

Thanks again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.