Copenhagen / Malmo travel pass?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Copenhagen / Malmo travel pass?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Have a nice trip and come back here if you have any other questions about Copenhagen or Malmø.
It's a very friendly forum and we'll happily answer all sorts of questions, also 'stupid' ones.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 4:37 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The "Around the Sound" tickets are now explicitly marketed and marked as allowing just one crossing across the Oresunds/bro bridge and one crossing across on the Helsingor/Helsingborg ferry.

Just a heads up about this summer change in practice and explicit policy mention.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The "Around the Sound" tickets are now explicitly marketed and marked as allowing just one crossing across the Oresunds/bro bridge and one crossing across on the Helsingor/Helsingborg ferry.

Just a heads up about this summer change in practice and explicit policy mention.
Hmmm, has that changed? Last summer when I got those for my family on visit it was already said explicitly? They weaved in a stopover at Lousianna to make the ferry worth a while
Old Jul 16, 2015, 11:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fassy
Hmmm, has that changed? Last summer when I got those for my family on visit it was already said explicitly? They weaved in a stopover at Lousianna to make the ferry worth a while
At some point in the first half of 2014, there were people who were re-using those passes to cross the bridge repeatedly.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:13 pm

It appears that it is possible to by "Around the Sound" ticket in advance for 299 SEK: https://www.skanetrafiken.se/e-tjanster/kop-nytt-kort/
Has anyone done it? If so, can you share how it works? Would I then need to print the email and exchange it for paper ticket, or is a print out of the email receipt sufficient?

Also, if I were to buy the "Around the Sound" ticket at the Malmo train station, is credit card accepted?

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 22, 2018, 5:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jsy9999
It appears that it is possible to by "Around the Sound" ticket in advance for 299 SEK: https://www.skanetrafiken.se/e-tjanster/kop-nytt-kort/
Has anyone done it? If so, can you share how it works? Would I then need to print the email and exchange it for paper ticket, or is a print out of the email receipt sufficient?

Also, if I were to buy the "Around the Sound" ticket at the Malmo train station, is credit card accepted?

Thanks in advance!
My US-issued bank cards work to buy them at Malmo Central Station’s Skanetrafiken office, but they aren’t open 24/7.

For online purchases, I thought they mail them out and get activated whenever you want (but before some expiration date); however, I’ll have to ask to see if that is how it really goes now..
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:38 pm

Thanks, GUWonder, for the insight. It's probably more convenient to get the tickets in advance online but with the risk of losing them in transit through the postal system from Europe to US, it may be better to purchase at the Malmo Central Station. Good to know that US credit cards work there.

Cheers!

Originally Posted by GUWonder

My US-issued bank cards work to buy them at Malmo Central Station’s Skanetrafiken office, but they aren’t open 24/7.

For online purchases, I thought they mail them out and get activated whenever you want (but before some expiration date); however, I’ll have to ask to see if that is how it really goes now..
Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:11 am

Programs: FB Gold
I need to make two round-trips between Köbenhavn H and Malmö C next week, which works out at 444 SEK. Would that be covered by the "Around the Sound" ticket mentioned above? Is there any other sort of package deal I should look into?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:46 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by RabbitIYH
I need to make two round-trips between Köbenhavn H and Malmö C next week, which works out at 444 SEK. Would that be covered by the "Around the Sound" ticket mentioned above?
No, it would not be covered.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:04 am

Was wondering of the "Around the Sound" ticket also covers "Harbour Bus" in Copenhagen. Does anyone know? Thanks!

https://www.visitcopenhagen.com/cope...-bus-gdk447302
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:48 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Originally Posted by jsy9999
Was wondering of the "Around the Sound" ticket also covers "Harbour Bus" in Copenhagen. Does anyone know? Thanks!

https://www.visitcopenhagen.com/cope...-bus-gdk447302
I don't know for certain, but within Copenhagen, they are treated as buses, part of the standard city network, so I'd say the chances are good.
Old May 18, 2018, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by stut
I don't know for certain, but within Copenhagen, they are treated as buses, part of the standard city network, so I'd say the chances are good.

Thanks stut! I had no problem using the Harbour Bus in Copenhagen with the "Around the Sound" ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.