Wiki Posts
Search

Stockholm train fare!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze,Accor.Flightdiary.net/liamvad
Stockholm train fare!!

Well,just booked a 'pensioner' return fare from the airport to city centre,the fare worked out at £24:00 return!!! Wow that is expensive,is it a long train ride?
The return fare on the Domodedovo to Moscow train was only £6:00!!!...

Is the cost of living high in Sweden??

Last edited by liamvad; Apr 1, 2015 at 10:05 am Reason: spelling
Old Apr 1, 2015, 4:40 pm

Programs: BA GfL
You paid to ride the Arlanda Express (the equivalent of Heathrow Express). There is an airport bus that makes several stops before terminating in City Terminal for GBP15 return.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA MP
Arlanda express is pricy, but it sure is FAST.

In general I found the cost in Stockholm roughly comparable to London.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 5:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC a RT on NEX (I'm not sure whether I'm remembering the Green Car (FC) or not) between NRT and Tokyo or the same trip in the Friendly airport limo bus (stopping at your hotel) is about 6,000 yen or very roughly US$60. There are cheaper alternatives.

Fares between ICN and Seoul in the luxury buses would be approximately the same.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 4:56 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by liamvad
Well,just booked a 'pensioner' return fare from the airport to city centre,the fare worked out at £24:00 return!!! Wow that is expensive,is it a long train ride?
The return fare on the Domodedovo to Moscow train was only £6:00!!!...

Is the cost of living high in Sweden??
It's about twenty minutes, if on the Arlanda Express.

Stockholm isn't cheap, but it's not all that expensive for those working and living there. Sweden overall has a relatively high cost of living, but it doesn't seem all that expensive compared to what I pay in NYC, Chicago and DC. And with the SEK falling against the U.S. Dollar, Sweden is cheaper now than it has been for the better part of a decade.

For my habits, Stockholm tends to be much cheaper for me than London except when it comes to food and drinks.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze,Accor.Flightdiary.net/liamvad
Originally Posted by Peregrine415
You paid to ride the Arlanda Express (the equivalent of Heathrow Express). There is an airport bus that makes several stops before terminating in City Terminal for GBP15 return.
Yeah,but I have a discounted fare because of my age,god knows what a normal fare is,anyway I bet Stockholm will be nice.......
Old Apr 4, 2015, 9:20 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Originally Posted by liamvad
Yeah,but I have a discounted fare because of my age,god knows what a normal fare is,anyway I bet Stockholm will be nice.......
You're scaring me with those prices! haha
Still the longer ride means nappy time which means I can hit the ground running after a trans-atlantic flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.