Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Route options between Longyearbyen and WInnipeg

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

Route options between Longyearbyen and WInnipeg

(Sorry in advance if this is the wrong forum - I didn't know where to post it)

Two trips on my TO DO list are a Spitsbergen Circumnavigation cruise, and a Bears Birds Belugas at Churchill Wild.

The Spitsbergen Circumnavigation cruise starts/ends Longyearbyen, and Churchill Wild flies you in and out of Winnipeg.

Rather than plan these one each for 2016 and 2017, I am wondering if the dates pan out, I might be able to do both in one season?

I don't have dates for their 2016 seasons yet, but I'm wondering what the flying/route options are from Longyearbyen to Winnipeg?

(It may be that little flying time is saved afterall by combining the two trips...)

Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2015, 3:56 am

Programs: EB
Longyearbyen only has two routes:
Longyearbyen-Tromsų-Oslo
Longyearbyen-Oslo

Since you're going to fly abroad, I'd reccommend flying with SAS so you can get a ticket for your whole journey, an example could be (from LYR): LYR-OSL-CPH and from CPH I think Air Canada is flying to Toronto. From there there's both trains and planes and whatnot to Winnipeg In that way you won't have to worry about delays due to weather or anything.

You also have LYR-OSL-EWR as a routing with SAS + SAS or SAS + United. I guess EWR has some possibilities to Winnipeg.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the info and suggestions - much appreciated as I wasn't quite sure where to start!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.