Search

Oslo in Airbnb in August - where?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2014, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Oslo in Airbnb in August - where?

I'm usually good at this sort of thing, but am overwhelmed by the apartment options in Oslo. We'll be arriving by air and spending three nights before a cruise. Essentially I want something where we can walk to fun areas for dinner walking about and general tourist things. I'm thinking somewhere sort of west of the train station would be best??
Old Dec 7, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
West of the train station is the nicer part of the city, but all of downtown Oslo is quite safe.

With regards to walking distance St. Hanshaugen is good, and Grunerløkka is also quite good. Gamlebyen and Grønland is even closer to the train station and is interresting areas as well, but may not be your typical tourist area. Frogner, Bislett and Majorstuen are all very nice areas, but at a distance from Oslo S, and a bit to posh for my liking.

What are your options?
Old Dec 7, 2014, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by chrisljo
West of the train station is the nicer part of the city, but all of downtown Oslo is quite safe.

With regards to walking distance St. Hanshaugen is good, and Grunerløkka is also quite good. Gamlebyen and Grønland is even closer to the train station and is interresting areas as well, but may not be your typical tourist area. Frogner, Bislett and Majorstuen are all very nice areas, but at a distance from Oslo S, and a bit to posh for my liking.

What are your options?
Many thanks, I was one the right track with St. Hanshaugen and Grunerløkka.

One unit we love the look of that's a bit out of the target area is closer to the waterfront:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1593163
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:58 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
That unit is great for walking, and the building was completely renovated a few years ago (as you can see in the pictures). One small issue is the construction in Bjørvika but that shouldn't really bother you that much. Parts of the area west of lower Karl Johan has at times had a problem with street prostitution, not sure how it's now, but it never was a safety (more that a two-three blocks are not pleasant to walk through at night/late evenings.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.