It's Time for a Car Service Account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2009, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P

And I don't know which to pick.

I'll be using it primarily for hops across the city. Probably equally often for others as for myself, and mostly at night. And I don't want to deal with vouchers. I want to be able to call, give my account number and name (and maybe a password?) and voila.

Towncars are the minimum standard, and something with a wee bit of class, not Carmel or Dial 7.

That having been said, I'd love something where an average hop in town won't greatly exceed $20, and would love some serious discounts for having an account.

Putting it in a business name is not an issue, but I'd like the final bill to go on my CC.

Suggestions?

Last edited by stevenshev; May 22, 2009 at 11:19 am
Old May 22, 2009, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think you should check out

http://www.YourCarServiceLlc.com

or maybe

http://www.goldenclasslimo.com
Old May 22, 2009, 12:35 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think you'll find any decent car service where an average hop in town is $20 or less, even with serious contract discounts.

Love to be proven wrong, so let us know if you succeed.
Old May 22, 2009, 10:30 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
RichardInSF is right.

Sorry, but for twenty bucks, take a yellow cab and use your credit card.

Regarding your dislike of vouchers, when my company had an account with Executive Charge, a few people had cards which simply allowed you to fill out a blank voucher.

Considering that every once in a while I would run into a limo driver with some creative ways of filling out the voucher, it was good to stop it before signing to avoid a billing dispute later.
Old May 22, 2009, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Really, whenever I've called cars before, they've always been in the $20 range for in-town trips. What is a more realistic price, keeping in mind my other requirements?

There's no good in-between with the slips. It looks really terrible if you send a car for someone for them to see (and have to sign) the slips and know how much you paid.
Old May 23, 2009, 12:03 am
Original Poster

I should point out that by in town I don't mean Battery Park to Washington Heights. More like Radio City to Yorkville.
Old May 23, 2009, 7:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I use UTOG. I don't know what their in-town rates are as I only use them to the airport ($55++ to/from EWR for comparison pricing purposes).

They have an option when making the reservation for "VIP or voucher." My understanding of the VIP option is that as the account holder you simply provide all the details and the person is picked up and delivered without any real paperwork. The voucher option involves initialing on the form for the tolls so it isn't much worse. The drivers carry the vouchers so no need to keep a stash on you.

I can get you a contact number there if you are interested.
Old May 23, 2009, 7:48 am

Programs: ALLLLLLL of them. Well, most...
stevenshev, if i remember correctly from other posts, you are a lawyer - is that right?

i'm asking because every law firm has different accounts and i don't want to repeat things you're familiar with by virtue of your job.

that said, elite does not require vouchers. you get a vip card (i still have mine from my last firm - current firm uses sky) and you call and use it. they may ask from time to time, "do you have a voucher?" when you GET in the car (not on the phone), and you just say 'no'. for years i used my elite vip card and never produced a voucher. so i know that works!

the main problem is that elite i don't think is going to meet your requirements. given that i never asked for a voucher, i never knew the prices, but i was very frequently going in exactly the same direction you mention (radio city to yorkville) and once i saw how much it cost - must have been around $50+ - and was astonished.

every law firm i know has multiple accounts for rain days, big parties, client events, etc. we had two other accounts at my old firm but they did require vouchers. current firm as i mention has sky - you also don't need a voucher (my boss does not use them and his is the first name on the letterhead). but again, the price is not going to meet your needs.

i just typed all that and realized i do not have a recommendation that meets your no voucher and price point needs...but will submit the post anyway. sorry! :-)

regards,
bettykat
Old May 23, 2009, 10:25 am
Original Poster

It works the same way for us (fyi I'm not a practicing attorney), but there are limited scenarios in which we can use the cars, it's done by pre-printed voucher, and I certainly wouldn't risk my job by sending them to pick up, for example, a date.

That's why I need an alternative, and I figure the three companies we use (need to look up what they are) are all far too expensive.
Old May 23, 2009, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
I use UTOG. I don't know what their in-town rates are as I only use them to the airport ($55++ to/from EWR for comparison pricing purposes).

They have an option when making the reservation for "VIP or voucher." My understanding of the VIP option is that as the account holder you simply provide all the details and the person is picked up and delivered without any real paperwork. The voucher option involves initialing on the form for the tolls so it isn't much worse. The drivers carry the vouchers so no need to keep a stash on you.

I can get you a contact number there if you are interested.
Definitely interested. Can give them a call and see what they charge, but based on the airport rate, it seems very, very fair. Decent cars?
Old May 23, 2009, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I use Elite Limousine and have been happy with their service. I use vouchers but am pretty sure they offer a no-voucher option. In any event, trips automatically are billed to my credit card, and they email invoices to my secretary.
Old May 23, 2009, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blumie
I use Elite Limousine and have been happy with their service. I use vouchers but am pretty sure they offer a no-voucher option. In any event, trips automatically are billed to my credit card, and they email invoices to my secretary.
Sounds good. It seems like the no-voucher option still requires signing a voucher. But I can talk to them about that. Any corporate discounts? Their prices seem very fair, $30 for Midtown to 83rd and 3rd seems right. $20 was unreasonable, I grant, but I didn't really mean $20, I meant $25, and I was thinking of a shorter distance. So, again, all sounds good.

How are their cars? All newish towncars? And are they plastered in labels and such?

Last edited by stevenshev; May 23, 2009 at 9:13 pm
Old May 23, 2009, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
My company uses UTOG also. I know some of my female co-workers have used them to get home when working past 11 pm. I believe they charge us $45 to Hoboken or JC, $40 to Queens, $35 to Brooklyn, so I would think point to point within Manhattan would be in the $25-30 range. I've only used them them for airport runs, but have never had a problem. Cars are new and clean, and the drivers are professional.
Old May 24, 2009, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by stevenshev
Sounds good. It seems like the no-voucher option still requires signing a voucher. But I can talk to them about that. Any corporate discounts? Their prices seem very fair, $30 for Midtown to 83rd and 3rd seems right. $20 was unreasonable, I grant, but I didn't really mean $20, I meant $25, and I was thinking of a shorter distance. So, again, all sounds good.

How are their cars? All newish towncars? And are they plastered in labels and such?
I have never had an issue with the quality of Elite's cars. Leter model town cars and the like. Very well maintained.

I haven't used them a lot lately, but on my last couple of trips, there was no voucher; instead just a computer generated receipt -- which included a full breakdown of all charges -- which I simply signed and gave back to the driver. I'm not sure if this technology is fleetwide, but it might be.
Old May 25, 2009, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I have used Big Apple Car for about a dozen years and have never had one service failure in that time. I use a VIP card which is run thru an imprinter by the driver who presents the voucher for signature. This sort of account precludes using a credit card for payment.

I do know that a car from the Theatre District to E79St runs about $25. I don't think that you are going to get any reliable and upscale car service for much less than that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.