Wiki Posts
Search

SmartPark at JFK (and now LGA)

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2009, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

SmartPark at JFK (and now LGA)

I have the occasional need for airport parking at JFK and have been shocked at the rates charged these days. So I always look for alternatives. SmartPark seems to be a new alternative. With a coupon, they charge $12 day + tax, and give the seventh day free. That would be expensive at most airports, but is quite cheap for JFK.

Anyone ever try them?

And if anyone has another good alternative, please let me know. Thanks.

http://www.longtermparking.com/COUPO...artparkjfk.htm
Old May 20, 2009, 9:10 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Never heard of them, but will certainly try them at that rate next time. There is one review on Google from them, it's good from earlier in the year. Certainly worth a shot.

Good to know. It is a bit shocking the lots on either side of them (Avistar and Air Park Parking) have not matched the fares.
Old May 20, 2009, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I found these generally positive comments on tripadvisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic..._New_York.html

I'm also surprised nobody has matched them.

I have some cheapo European travel booked for later this year from JFK and I hope the price stays at $12. It's really the worst part of flying out of JFK for me -- I'm too far to take a taxi or car service, and airport parking rates there had gotten crazy. I had been renting cars one-way to and from JFK, but the rates outbound from JFK have also skyrocketed, making that no longer a viable option.
Old May 21, 2009, 7:44 pm
Suspended

This is why I used to AVOID JFK but 2 words solved it for me " Howard Beach"

Meaning street parking and no "alternate street parking rules'"

the past 2 months left the car for 10 days and 11 the 2nd time, total cost $10 each time for the Airtrain r/t
Old Jun 6, 2009, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx
I have the occasional need for airport parking at JFK and have been shocked at the rates charged these days. So I always look for alternatives. SmartPark seems to be a new alternative. With a coupon, they charge $12 day + tax, and give the seventh day free. That would be expensive at most airports, but is quite cheap for JFK.

Anyone ever try them?

And if anyone has another good alternative, please let me know. Thanks.

http://www.longtermparking.com/COUPO...artparkjfk.htm
Hi there. I actually found your thread while searching for parking and trips etc.

I have an actual reservation now at smartpark. I will let you know how it was.

Its a two day stay.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Here's an outfit that's even cheaper at JFK (at least on week-long trips): Airport Parking 1.

http://airportparking1.com/default.aspx

They seem a bit mysterious (not a good thing) because they don't say where their lot is. Anybody know anything about them?
Old Jul 15, 2009, 8:03 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
According to Google, the phone is for:

215-13 99th ave
Queens village, NY 11429

Which looks like an open lot next to a body shop.

The domain is registered to an address a couple blocks away to a single family house.

They say they are 15 minutes away from JFK and 20 minutes away from LaGuardia, makes you wonder how they handle pickups when you get back if you don't have to wait for luggage (the comments indicate most people call when they land and by the time they get their bags they are there, though one person said it was an hour and 20 minutes to get picked up. It seems to be a one man operation, working out of his house or whatever

One of the comments on their website may answer the question:

will admit that I was skeptical since this is not your "normal" parking lot. It is a residence. However, must to my surprise, the service and cost was outstanding!

I also don't like this comment, it indicates the lot is not manned 24/7

Within minutes of calling, they were on the spot to take us to and from the airport. Just a hint- when you get to their place of business, if the gate is locked don't panic. Just call then and they will respond. I will definately use their servide again.

Last edited by cordelli; Jul 15, 2009 at 8:12 am
Old Jul 15, 2009, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by cordelli
According to Google, the phone is for:

215-13 99th ave
Queens village, NY 11429

Which looks like an open lot next to a body shop.

The domain is registered to an address a couple blocks away to a single family house.

They say they are 15 minutes away from JFK and 20 minutes away from LaGuardia, makes you wonder how they handle pickups when you get back if you don't have to wait for luggage (the comments indicate most people call when they land and by the time they get their bags they are there, though one person said it was an hour and 20 minutes to get picked up. It seems to be a one man operation, working out of his house or whatever

One of the comments on their website may answer the question:

will admit that I was skeptical since this is not your "normal" parking lot. It is a residence. However, must to my surprise, the service and cost was outstanding!

I also don't like this comment, it indicates the lot is not manned 24/7

Within minutes of calling, they were on the spot to take us to and from the airport. Just a hint- when you get to their place of business, if the gate is locked don't panic. Just call then and they will respond. I will definately use their servide again.
Based upon your post, I would recommend checking if this business is licensed by the NYC Department of Consumer Affairs as parking lots are required to be.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Landing Gear
Based upon your post, I would recommend checking if this business is licensed by the NYC Department of Consumer Affairs as parking lots are required to be.
Yeah, I applaud this guy's apparent effort to offer a needed service -- because the airport lots at JFK have been ridiculously overpriced the last few years, and parking in Howard Beach is not without its risks. That said, as smartpark has now introduced plausible JFK parking rates, I'm inclined to go with them unless I learn more information about Airport Parking 1.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by LimoDan
Hi there. I actually found your thread while searching for parking and trips etc.

I have an actual reservation now at smartpark. I will let you know how it was.

Its a two day stay.
As I promised. I said I would tell of my stay at SmartPark JFK. I stayed 10 days and the service was great. Friendly service and checkout was fast. I called ahead and my car was waiting. What more can you ask for?

Yeah, I applaud this guy's apparent effort to offer a needed service -- because the airport lots at JFK have been ridiculously overpriced the last few years, and parking in Howard Beach is not without its risks. That said, as smartpark has now introduced plausible JFK parking rates, I'm inclined to go with them unless I learn more information about Airport Parking 1.
I am not sure about Airport Parking 1. I want to try them out next.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It seems like the opening of SmartPark has sparked some much needed competition at JFK. Longtermparking.com has discount coupons from several lots. AviStar has even reduced its rate from $19.50 to $11.75 with the coupon. Am I better off there than SmartPark, or is there even a better deal elsewhere?
Old Sep 6, 2009, 4:58 am

It seems like the opening of SmartPark has sparked some much needed competition at JFK. Longtermparking.com has discount coupons from several lots. AviStar has even reduced its rate from $19.50 to $11.75 with the coupon. Am I better off there than SmartPark, or is there even a better deal elsewhere?
Well as promised. I tried Airpark. It was ok I guess. The place is dirty though. It cost me more.

As far as Avistar. Yeah it is cheaper on longtermparking website but it is also a place that the service is horrible.

I would pay the .25 more to go back to smartpark.

I dont know what happened to avistar, they were good a long time ago.
Hope that helps
Old Sep 16, 2009, 10:39 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by craz
This is why I used to AVOID JFK but 2 words solved it for me " Howard Beach"

Meaning street parking and no "alternate street parking rules'"

the past 2 months left the car for 10 days and 11 the 2nd time, total cost $10 each time for the Airtrain r/t
I assume that your car was still in one piece when you returned.
Even though NYC has gotten much safer, I'd personally be leery of parking in "strange" areas.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I went to Avistar. I actually had a coupon they sent me for "half off" (good through the end of September) which worked out slightly better than the longtermparking coupon (about $10/day). They also charged me a one-time $3 shuttle fee of some kind.

Service was fine -- nothing exceptional, but reasonable drop off and pick up. I'd use them again if the price was reasonable.

It was nice paying a "normal" price for airport parking at JFK. May the competition continue!
Old Jan 3, 2010, 7:52 am

Thumbs up Smart Park at JFK is the best off site parking!

I have tried several of them - Smart Park is by the far best. They are a little smaller than some of the others - very efficient, very easy to book. Go direct to their website for free reservations. You can also search for on line coupons which will give you the 7th day free. DO NOT USE AVISTAR!! They are awful. they have lost my keys, and then misplaced my car. I have waited over 2 hours for them to locate my car. awful! I highly recommend Smart Park.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.