Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New York City
Reload this Page >

Parking at NJ Transit between NY and Philly?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parking at NJ Transit between NY and Philly?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2008, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Question Parking at NJ Transit between NY and Philly?

Hi folks, I'll be going from Stroudsburg, PA to New York to Philadelphia. I'm thinking I'd like to drive from Stroudsburg to a New Jersey Transit station, park there for a couple of days, and take the train to NY and then back to my car. (then driving on to Philly). I'd be parking on a Saturday morning/afternoon and returning to the car on a Monday or Tuesday.

Cheaper is preferable, of course, but my primary concern is finding a relatively safe lot (that obviously allows overnight parking). For geographic reasons, I'm thinking perhaps Edison/New Brunswick/Metuchen or something in that area might work. Does anyone have any stations to recommend, or a different transportation strategy altogether?

Thanks!
Old Jul 29, 2008, 8:25 am

This may be a little out of the way. I parked at the Harrison station near Newark for a day trip to NYC. I talked to a commuter that parked there and took NJ train to Manhattan. He said to make sure the parking lot has attendants and be gated. He may leave the car there for days as he paid by the month. It will cost a little more for the gated lot but well worth it, he said.

Where I was there, it was about $4-5 for the day. He said where I parked for the day was OK. For overnite, gated is better. The gated lot close to the rail station (PATH) was around $7-8/day.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
OP - you picked a good area, I'd go for MetroPark. It's a garaged area with decent traffic and a good schedule up to NY.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 8:45 am

Programs: US,UA,AA,DL,hhonors
The enclosed lot in Trenton is a good option. Fully staffed, gated and secure. You will find multiple expensive cars parked there overnight (ie: BMW, Mercedes Benz, Audi, Lexus...). Total cost is $15-20 per day, IIRC.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've left my car at Metro Park several times for 2-7 days without a problem.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dugernaut
I've left my car at Metro Park several times for 2-7 days without a problem.
Same here, and many of the Amtrak trains stop there so you don't need to do the NJ Transit to SEPTA dance at Trenton.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, all, for the advice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.