Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New York City
Reload this Page >

JFK-area hotel suggestions with transit access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: All statuses lapsed; now I'm just a free-agent, and loving it!

I'm going to have a 22 hour stop at JFK (arriving early afternoon) in early December (on a weekday). I'd like to get a hotel in the JFK area that has easy access to the transit system (Airtrain/Subway/LIRR) so I can get into Manhattan for the afternoon and evening. Any suggestions for reasonably priced decent hotels?

Fairfield's and Hampton's are my usual hotels, but I can stay in cheaper places if they're safe and clean. And I've stayed in hostels before too, and they're not too bad if you have the mindset for it. Usually it's just foreigners staying there and visiting the big city. But I'm going to have some baggage on this trip that I really don't want to be hauling into the city and carrying, so that's why I'm thinking of staying out JFK-way.

I've been looking at some hotel websites, but most of them are not specific enough to tell how close they are to any transit stations.

Thanks!
Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:52 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I think many of the hotels will have shuttles over to the Airtrain, you may want to double check whatever you get.

I was quite happy with the Courtyard by Marriott at JFK on a Priceline stay back in May (total cost $111). They offered free shuttles to the airtrain, can't say how they worked as we had a car, but no complaints what so ever about the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.