Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Theatre / Pre-Theater Restaurants in NYC

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2003, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Pre-Theatre / Pre-Theater Restaurants in NYC

Can anyone recommend a "great" restaurant within walking distance of Broadway Show district and Radio City Music Hall?

Thanks!
Old Aug 16, 2003, 8:10 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Veronica:
Can anyone recommend a "great" restaurant within walking distance of Broadway Show district and Radio City Music Hall?

Thanks!
</font>
There are many great restaurants within walking distance of Times Sq. You have to specify cuisine and budget.
Old Aug 18, 2003, 6:52 am
Original Poster

I like all cuisines and budget is not a problem. I just don't want anything too formal.

Thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2003, 2:55 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Veronica:
I like all cuisines and budget is not a problem. I just don't want anything too formal.

Thanks!
</font>
Most touristic places are lined up at the Restaurant Row (46th between 8th & 9th). There are lots of inexpensive places on 9th Ave from 45th through 56th. Many ethnic dining choices. [Italian,Brazilian,Chinese,Greek, Thai, Spanish, Puerto Rican, Agrentianian]

Real Upscale - try LeBernadin (currently the top notch seafood place -reservations req.)

For steak there is Ben Benson, Palm II.

For all you can eat Brazlian there is Platforma on 49th (between 8th & 9th)
Old Aug 20, 2003, 7:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Mont Blanc on W 48th entices theatre goers with Swiss cuisine.

Josephine's on W 42nd b/w 9th & 10th is run by a son of the famous Josephine Baker. Not to be missed!
Old Aug 21, 2003, 1:56 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
If you like fish, Estiatorio Milos on 55th between 6th and 7th , is very good, though not cheap. (They may have a pre-theatre prix fixe.) Beacon on 56th between 5th and 6th has great roasted dishes and is well-decorated. Remi on 53rd between 6th and 7th has very good Italian. Vice Versa, also Italian, on 51st (8th-9th) is pretty good. Of the restaurant row group, I think Orso (yes, it's Italian, too) probably has the best food. For a sublime (and concomitantly priced) hamburger, try db bistro moderne on 44th (5th-6th). I used to be quite fond of Torre de Pisa on the same block, but have not been there in quite some time. And Ilo on 40th (5th-6th) has marvelous food, also marvelously priced.
Old Nov 6, 2003, 3:54 am
Original Member

I read an article you can find in NYC nice restaurant coupon. I will more comfortable if I read the review and find the coupon. Any one know how to get that on line. Thanks.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 1:22 pm

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Pre Theater Dining on Broadway?

Does anyone have any suggestions for dining before a Broadway play. We are seeing Jersey Boys at the August Wilson. Between 8th and Broadway on 52nd.
I am looking for reasonable and they might take reservations.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 3:49 pm

There are probably 500 restaurants within a 10 minute walk.

What's "reasonable?" $20 per person? $50 per person? $100 per person?

Will you be drinking? Beer? Wine? Good wine?

What kind of cuisine are you looking for? How many in your group? What kind of scene do you want?

Details, please!

You might also try looking in "midtown west" at menupages.com and at newyorkmetro.com/restaurants.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 9:55 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
If you are into steak, the Palm is only a couple blocks away on 50th.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 3:19 pm

Great Italian

Becco
355 W. 46th St.
(bet. 8th & 9th Aves.)

Really good pasta and other dishes. I had the osso bucco the last time and it was quite good. About $50 per with wine, which is "reasonable" for that area.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 3:36 pm

Blue fin at the W hotel, Ruby Foo's (Chinese), or DB Bistro Moderne (expensive but one of the best in the area) - are all fun. The first two are more for a younger/louder crowd.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 4:04 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
If you can get a reservation, one of our favorites is Orso on Restaurant Row (46th Street). Very reasonable and you'll often find some Broadway stars there.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 11:46 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Virgil's BBQ 152 W 44th Street is a pretty good pre-theater choice.. Quick pretty good BBQ and very inexpensive by Manhattan standards.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 11:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
If you want the full Broadway experience and as the song goes from The Producers "I want to be a producer, lunch at Sardi's every day".

Sardis is next to where The Producers is playing - 234 West 44th St between Broadway and 8th (www.sardis.com)

I like the Blue Fin at the W Hotel at Time Sq.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.