Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New York City
Reload this Page >

Anyone did UBER POOL from EWR to Manhattan recently?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2017, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Air, Flying Blue, United, Air Canada, Aeromexico

I am interested to know if the fare you got at the time of booking included tolls (for Lincoln Tunnel, or highways, etc) or they were added extra after the trip.
Also, how many people were in the "pool" overall.
We are a party of two and I was wondering if there is another party of two bringing the number of riders to four - that might be a bit too cramped.
Also how long took the ride?
Thanks.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 8:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by ticu
I am interested to know if the fare you got at the time of booking included tolls (for Lincoln Tunnel, or highways, etc) or they were added extra after the trip.
We are a party of two and I was wondering if there is another party of two bringing the number of riders to four - that might be a bit too cramped.
Thanks.
You may also want to check the Car Services forum.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:40 am

The price includes tolls.

If you are a party of 2, you will be guaranteed 2 seats in the car, but there is no way to know whether you will get matched with other riders.

I haven't taken UberPool from EWR, but I used it a bunch in Manhattan during some of the flat fare promos a few months ago, and about half the time I had the car to myself, about half the time another passenger or two joined me.

So there's a decent chance you'll have plenty of room and get a nonstop ride to your destination, but there's also a small chance you'll be packed in and make a few stops along the way. That's the trade-off for the discount they give on Pool rides vs. X rides.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Air, Flying Blue, United, Air Canada, Aeromexico
Originally Posted by ticu
Thanks.
Update: The quote included all tolls . I rode just with my wife (no other passengers were picked up). The fare was 29 USD from EWR to the Hells Kitchen hotel
The ride was 16.47 miles and took 39 minutes, Saturday at noon.
I tipped the driver 5 USD (cash not on the app). Will probably cost me another 2-3 bucks for the text an call he made to me to ask where to pick me up (my cell carrier is Canadian). Eventually he will also be charged a long distance call as well so 2 cell carriers were happy to have screwed us both. For Uber app I used the free wifi inside Terminal C before exiting out to the pickup area.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:51 am

Great deal!

The driver won't be charged for calling Canada because Uber uses an intermediating phone system where the driver calls a local Uber number and Uber then relays the call to your number (that way drivers and passengers don't have access to each other's actual phone numbers).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.