Search

6 Flags Great Adventure - Flash Pass

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2012, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
6 Flags Great Adventure - Flash Pass

Does anyone here know anything about the Flash Pass at 6 Flags? Are there ways of getting a discount, by buying in advance, or buying somewhere else? Could out-of-towners, from other countries, get a discount?

Finally, I will be going there with a group of teens - 2 of them have Down Syndrome and 1 has diabetes. Can they get free passes to not wait in line? (I know that used to be the case for both DS and diabetes, but I don't know whether things have changed, especially since they started selling passes.)

Thanks!
Old Jun 11, 2012, 5:04 am

Programs: UA AA MR HH B6
I know there's lots of ways to discounts in advance, and as far as a pass, if there is one person in the party with a disability ID, then you can get a pass to skip the lines, though you have to wait the equivalent of what you would have waited for had you not been handicapped. I just did that two weeks ago. Go to member services right as you enter, on the left. Ironically you have to wait in line for that though.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

What are some of the ways! (of getting a discount in advance)
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
I am sincerely curious what there is about diabetes that makes someone who has it unable to wait in line.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I live about 15 miles from there. I know there are discounts available, particularly for those of us who live in the area.

I will look into it and get back to you.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Landing Gear
I am sincerely curious what there is about diabetes that makes someone who has it unable to wait in line.
BTW, I want to stress that I'm not doing this "just to get whatever I can for free." Apparently, standing out in the sun without moving for long periods of time (like waiting on line) can be dangerous for people with diabetes.
But for all I know, it could be a good will gesture, similar to the free ones for people with Down Syndrome.

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I live about 15 miles from there. I know there are discounts available, particularly for those of us who live in the area.

I will look into it and get back to you.
Thank you so much!
Old Jun 13, 2012, 8:39 am

I checked, and the only discounts available to local residents are for seasonal passes, and nothing at all for the flash pass.

If you have 15 people you can get group pricing on the admission tickets, I don't know about the flash pass. However, if you mention you have disabled young adults in your party, they may have something available. As well, coming from out of the country may get you something.

Sorry, but that's the best I can find. Definitely give them a call.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: UA AA MR HH B6
lots of coke cans have discounts to six flags. I have one that's bogo until 5/28 and save $20 frmo 5/29 to 9/3.

don't they have discount coupons at McDonalds too? Or was that only Sesame Place?
Old Jun 13, 2012, 11:08 am

The OP is looking for a discount on the flash pass, which allows you to bypass some or most of the lines.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I checked, and the only discounts available to local residents are for seasonal passes, and nothing at all for the flash pass.

If you have 15 people you can get group pricing on the admission tickets, I don't know about the flash pass. However, if you mention you have disabled young adults in your party, they may have something available. As well, coming from out of the country may get you something.

Sorry, but that's the best I can find. Definitely give them a call.
Alright, well thanks so much anyways. I'll try and give them a call closer to the visit.

The OP is looking for a discount on the flash pass, which allows you to bypass some or most of the lines.
Correct - the entry tickets aren't an issue. They're all paid for, and even if they weren't, getting a discount on entry is quite easy to find! I even so coke cans in on LY ex-TLV that were clearly imported from NJ. How'd I know? Because of the "buy 1 get 1 free" offer for Great Adventure tickets!
Old Jun 13, 2012, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
OP, it seems like you are asking about two different things, the opportunity to pay for a short wait in line (which Six Flags calls a Flash Pass) and accommodations for people with disabilities.

From http://www.sixflags.com/greatAdventu...relations.aspx

GUESTS WITH DISABILITIES

We strive to provide mainstream access wherever possible, including wheelchair rentals and special access passes. Please stop by Guest Relations to pick up a Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities for more information. [emphasis added]
Old Jun 13, 2012, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Landing Gear
OP, it seems like you are asking about two different things, the opportunity to pay for a short wait in line (which Six Flags calls a Flash Pass) and accommodations for people with disabilities.

From http://www.sixflags.com/greatAdventu...relations.aspx
It shouldn't just seem like I'm asking 2 different things...I am indeed asking 2 separate questions!

1. I want a discount on a Flash Pass for me
2. I want to know if I can still get a free Flash Pass (or special access pass) for my campers with disabilities

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.