Search

July 4th Fireworks 2010

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold
July 4th Fireworks 2010

Hi all

Just after a bit of advice, will be in NYC for the 4th July celebrations and at the moment leaning towards the Circle Line fireworks cruise @ $79pp.
If anyone has any other recommendations, before the fireworks or other vantage points during the fireworks please let me know.
Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

For a thread on viewing the 2009 July 4th Fireworks, see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...el-2009-a.html

dstan
NYC Forum Moderator

Last edited by dstan; Mar 8, 2010 at 2:52 pm
Old Mar 8, 2010, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
The highways are closed downtown for the fireworks. You can hang out with thousands of others and watch for free.

dh
Old Mar 8, 2010, 7:08 am

I think circle line is a great idea! I love just the usual circle line trip, and being on a boat for the fireworks should be a lot of fun (as long as the weather cooperates). Is there any type of cancellation policy?
Old Mar 8, 2010, 7:56 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Keep an eye out for where they are going to be. They moved them last year and I don't believe they have said which side of the city they will be on this year yet. It's not a huge deal, just if you are planning dinner or something around them.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice much appreciated

@ cordelli; From my research they seem to be back to the East River.

@nyc325; No cancellation policy I can see, so hoping the NY weather wil lbe kind.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cordelli
Keep an eye out for where they are going to be. They moved them last year and I don't believe they have said which side of the city they will be on this year yet. It's not a huge deal, just if you are planning dinner or something around them.
Remember the absolute anger especially from Brooklyn residents that the fireworks last year were on the Hudson? I guess celebrating the 400th anniversary of Henry Hudson's voyage didn't matter to them. My guess is that the fireworks will return to the East River.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 3:17 pm

Watch in Long Island City, which is actually in Queens. So you get a nice view of the NYC skyline. There is a place called Water Taxi Beach there too where you can get a great view.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Analise
I guess celebrating the 400th anniversary of Henry Hudson's voyage didn't matter to them.
That's right -- because it had nothing to do with "We can't see the fireworks and New Jersey can".
Old Mar 11, 2010, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by nerd
That's right -- because it had nothing to do with "We can't see the fireworks and New Jersey can".
You figured that out!
Old Mar 11, 2010, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Remember the absolute anger especially from Brooklyn residents that the fireworks last year were on the Hudson? I guess celebrating the 400th anniversary of Henry Hudson's voyage didn't matter to them. My guess is that the fireworks will return to the East River.
"Absolute anger?" Hello again from Brooklyn. What exactly are you talking about?

Originally Posted by nerd
Perhaps. For those who actually care. The fireworks are visible from a very small part of the borough. When I care, I watch them on TV.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Landing Gear
"Absolute anger?" Hello again from Brooklyn. What exactly are you talking about?
Letters to the editor in the Post about it back then for example. Local talk radio...actually local sports radio. Those callers complain about EVERYTHING.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arcticgrin
Watch in Long Island City, which is actually in Queens. So you get a nice view of the NYC skyline. There is a place called Water Taxi Beach there too where you can get a great view.
Thanks for the suggestion. ^
Old Mar 17, 2010, 6:39 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
My guess is that the fireworks will return to the East River.
I'm hoping they do - when they're on the East River, I can watch them from my roof.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by ShopAround
I'm hoping they do - when they're on the East River, I can watch them from my roof.
...and we can watch them from the comfort of our sofa and air conditioning.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
...and we can watch them from the comfort of our sofa and air conditioning.
+1 it's pretty awesome :-)
Cheers
Howie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.