Wiki Posts
Search

Getting a rental in Boston

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Getting a rental in Boston

Hey folks, landing in Boston tomorrow. Friday will tour the city. But Saturday we'd like to hit up Plymouth and then Salem. I'll be staying right by Fenway Park. Any place to pick up a rental for the day?
Old Mar 23, 2016, 12:43 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Rental . . . car? apartment? bike?

Give me something to work with here!

If you mean car, there are lots of places in Boston to rent a car. Did you try using Google Maps' "Nearby" tool? If you put in Fenway Park, click "Nearby" and chose Rental Cars, you'll get at least a half dozen options within a mile
Old Mar 23, 2016, 4:46 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Haha car. I'll try your suggestion, thanks.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 6:53 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Tons of local Enterprise branches, several hotels have branches too.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Hey folks, landing in Boston tomorrow. Friday will tour the city. But Saturday we'd like to hit up Plymouth and then Salem. I'll be staying right by Fenway Park. Any place to pick up a rental for the day?
Plymouth and Salem are in opposite directions from the city. It'll be hard to to them both in one day.

All major rental car companies have locations in the city (although not nearly as many as they once had). Hertz, for example, has a location in Park Square, behind the Four Seasons Hotel, which is not all that far from Fenway.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 4:06 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blumie
Plymouth and Salem are in opposite directions from the city. It'll be hard to to them both in one day.

All major rental car companies have locations in the city (although not nearly as many as they once had). Hertz, for example, has a location in Park Square, behind the Four Seasons Hotel, which is not all that far from Fenway.
Drank too much on Friday night so slept in on Saturday so didn't get to Plymouth as early as I would have wanted. Ended up going to Cape Cod for an amazing lunch and then hit up JFK Library from 4pm to 5pm. Great day!!!
Old Mar 26, 2016, 4:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Tons of local Enterprise branches, several hotels have branches too.
Yup thanks! I did Enterprise and it was seamless.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 6:59 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Where on the Cape did you have this lunch?
Old Mar 28, 2016, 7:02 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Where on the Cape did you have this lunch?
Imprudent Oyster in Chatham. Cute town. Was a very cold day but when it's nice out probably nice to stroll through the town and check it out.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 6:18 am

Helluva drive, but that is a good place.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 6:39 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Helluva drive, but that is a good place.
Almost next to no traffic so I actually made incredible time. I had the Thai Fisherman's Stew and the clam chowder. Absolutely amazing!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.