Wiki Posts
Search

Downtown Burlington: Hotel Vermont Vs. Hilton

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2015, 11:49 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Downtown Burlington: Hotel Vermont Vs. Hilton

Need to be in Burlington for a couple of nights next month, and would like to stay downtown.

Based on reviews and photos, these seem like the two better properties in the neighborhood. Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
No link.

The big Hilton on Battery Street overlooking Lake Champlain used to a Radisson in the '70s and is pretty dated. Ditto for the sprawling old Sheraton out by I-89. I would probably go for the Courtyard by Marriott near the CBD.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I've stayed at the Hilton several times in recent years and it's just fine. I would have no problems going back.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 7:17 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BearX220
No link.

The big Hilton on Battery Street overlooking Lake Champlain used to a Radisson in the '70s and is pretty dated. Ditto for the sprawling old Sheraton out by I-89. I would probably go for the Courtyard by Marriott near the CBD.
Here's the link to the Vermont. Thanks for the report!

Originally Posted by Blumie
I've stayed at the Hilton several times in recent years and it's just fine. I would have no problems going back.
Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Looks nice. I don't know the property but the location is great.

Burlington has come a long way from the days when the nicest place to stay in town was the Sheraton across Williston Road from Gaynes.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by BearX220
Looks nice. I don't know the property but the location is great.

Burlington has come a long way from the days when the nicest place to stay in town was the Sheraton across Williston Road from Gaynes.
I wouldn't say it's come a "long" way, at least in terms of places to stay; it's come a little way. The Marriott courtyard and the hilton are fine, if unspectacular, places to stay downtown. I am not familiar with this Hotel Vermont, but the website makes it look promising.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.