Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

Timetable for new Logan Airport Terminal B?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Timetable for new Logan Airport Terminal B?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2014, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I spoke to a ground agent at C today. She told me the move date will be April 30, 2014.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott LT Platinum
Yep - confirmed April 30 as well. Anyone else going to the premier reception just before the opening?
Old Apr 12, 2014, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA: EXP/5.2mm
I flew out of the USAir side of the terminal three days ago and the new construction was fully walled off. As of my return yesterday, however, the construction barrier had been partially removed. If you walk up to the end of the terminal, you can get a look at a couple of the nearest new gates.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

The construction wall on the American side is now down as well, and the new terminal space looks great (as far as one can see, at least - no access is allowed yet).

The construction on the security checkpoint looks like it is about done, with an expansion to twelve lanes of security. The new security checkpoint will serve both United and American.

Regarding future AA/US integration, the buzz among the AA gate agents is that the USAir Shuttle will move to what is now the American gates, and the American mainline flights will move over to the USAir side, such that all mainline flights of merged AA/US will operate out of what is now the US gates. This is not confirmed, however.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, HH Gold, MR Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
According to the Globe the new space opened today.

Newly renovated Terminal B opening at Logan

The newly renovated Terminal B at Logan International Airport opens Wednesday, promising United Airlines passengers technology, efficiency, and locally-made products from the Berkshires.

The opening culminates an 18-month, $160 million project that has allowed United, which merged with Continental Airlines in 2010, to consolidate operations that were spread between terminals A and C. United will operate 10 gates in Terminal B.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HUB Flyer
According to the Globe the new space opened today.

Newly renovated Terminal B opening at Logan
Yes, and there were two full page ads - one by United and one by Massport - advertising its opening.

Please provide feedback if you fly in or out!
Old May 3, 2014, 1:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Flew in today from BOS - good lord, didn't know about these changes, despite flying from BOS almost every week for the past 3 months. Precheck line took about 20 minutes, and the Priority and standard lines looked disasterous. I was late so I didn't get a chance to see the new terminal area, but the AAngel said that the new construction was really beautiful.

That said, I don't care how pretty the terminal is if it takes me 20 minutes to get through Precheck. I've NEVER waited for more than 5 minutes at Terminal B at BOS before. It was a real mess, and FWIW, most of the line (precheck and not) were United flyers.
Old May 20, 2014, 8:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Silver, American Platinum, National Exec platinum
new Terminal B security a disaster at BOS Logan

Flew AA BOS to DFW last night out of the new Terminal B and it is an absolute disaster. Took 20 minutes to get through Pre Check. Most in line were United passengers. The Red Coats were yelling at people…and giving incorrect information as to what line to be in. SOme with Pre-check were told they could not be in the line, others waved in without. very rude. Very disorganized. TSA was yelling at people. One TSA "officer" looked mentally deranged. I've never seen anything so appalling. Many pre-check pax were simply going into the shorter elite line then being waved over to pre-check lane for screening passing all of us fools who stood in the pre-check lane. I hope it gets better and this is just growing pains. Some Pax were int'l travelers and they looked shocked by the situation. It honestly looked like a scene from a banana republic airport.
Old May 31, 2014, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro (LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTG), HH Diamond
Confirmed that PreCheck is even more of a disaster now on the AA side of Terminal B. It's gone from no line 18 months ago to a typical 5-10 minute line 1 month ago to 15-20 minutes when I flew out the afternoon of May 19. If they would stop letting random leisure travelers in to PreCheck, it would mitigate the slowdown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.