Wiki Posts
Search

Kelly's Roast Beef in Revere Beach

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Kelly's Roast Beef in Revere Beach

We were watching some old Food Network program in which Raechel Ray does her $40/day schtick. We saw her go to this "shack" called Kelly's Roast Beef. It looked worn down, weather-beaten, and, for that reason, a fun place to try for something different. That it looked inexpensive was a plus too.

We're actually heading to Boston for the weekend in November (the second weekend) and the idea of going to this place just grabbed us. We've never taken the blue line to the end and it looks like a short walk to Kelly's in Revere Beach.

Anyone been there?
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:30 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Years and years ago when I was living in the area, we would go if we were in the area. I think at the time they just had the place on the beach, and they were open till like two or three in the morning.

The food was good, plenty of it and all that stuff.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Yep, short walk to the original one off the Blue Line. Kelly's is a pretty big chain now. I'm protesting them because they took over the spot of the best wine shop in all Boston, in Allston on the corner of Harvard and Comm Ave.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dupe.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

I noticed it was a chain but I figured going to the original shack would be like going to the original Nathan's on Stillwell Ave. Assuming it doesn't rain, we're thinking of going.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat+++
I can't remember Rachael's episode and what she highlighted, but the food is good and what you would expect. Obviously it has Roast Beef in the name, but the fried seafood is real good too. Fried haddock, scallops or clams. If you like the "thin" chowders (as opposed to those thick messes you get), the clam chowder is nice.

Cheers.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Analise
I noticed it was a chain but I figured going to the original shack would be like going to the original Nathan's on Stillwell Ave. Assuming it doesn't rain, we're thinking of going.
Almost exactly the same vibe. Enjoy!
Old Oct 20, 2011, 5:59 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Originally Posted by PWMFlyer19
I can't remember Rachael's episode and what she highlighted, but the food is good and what you would expect.
Don't remember when it was, but it was the $40 a day Boston, so it was a while ago. She went for lunch, had the clam roll.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by tkey75
Yep, short walk to the original one off the Blue Line. Kelly's is a pretty big chain now. I'm protesting them because they took over the spot of the best wine shop in all Boston, in Allston on the corner of Harvard and Comm Ave.
You are joking, right? Couldn't tell, but in any event, the landlord jacked up the rent to something ridiculously more than what Marty's had been paying effectively kicking them out of their spot. It was vacant for a while, and then they put the Kelly's in. Good timing for Kelly's too as the Uno's across the street closed.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:04 pm

Kelley's - blechh ! I miss Buzzy's ! MGH probably prevented more heart attacks by buying up their property than by anything done in the hospital ! wj
Old Oct 25, 2011, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by davedeboston
You are joking, right? Couldn't tell, but in any event, the landlord jacked up the rent to something ridiculously more than what Marty's had been paying effectively kicking them out of their spot. It was vacant for a while, and then they put the Kelly's in. Good timing for Kelly's too as the Uno's across the street closed.
I was kind of joking. The events that led to Kelly's being there happened pretty much exactly how you said. Still, I lament the sad loss of a great wine shop.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Went to Kelly's today for lunch. Had the clam chowder and a small roast beef sandwich. Delish! Easy and pretty walk along the beach from Wonderland. Breezy!
Old Nov 14, 2011, 6:48 pm

Programs: AS MVP, A3*S
Yes, they have become a chain, but going to the original at Revere Beach and eating on the wall is a must-do is heading to Boston. The roast beef is okay, but get a cup of chowder and some fried seafood. Not a classy place by any means, but definitely a fun lunch spot.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Analise
Went to Kelly's today for lunch. Had the clam chowder and a small roast beef sandwich. Delish! Easy and pretty walk along the beach from Wonderland. Breezy!
Glad you had fun! I was rather breezy, wasn't it?
Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:21 am
Formerly known as MLW20

Programs: AA LT GOLD, Delta, UA/Continental & many others
I had Kelly's roast beef and it was damn good! I didn't make it to the original location. I went to a huge one right across from a shopping complex.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.