Search

Boston accomodation (with children)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2011, 5:29 am
me2
Original Poster

Programs: BA SPG Gold
Boston accomodation (with children)

Does anybody have views on the best place to stay with kids (under 12) in Boston please ?

Ideally we would like to find some sort of serviced apartment as this would allow us to eat some meals there ?

Otherwise a centrally located hotel

Please advise any thoughts

thanks
Old Sep 8, 2011, 5:44 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
I was thinking of doing a family trip to Boston, but it never got beyond the research phase

However, The Independent reviewed some places to stay which may be worth a look - certainly I was going to choose from one of these places. Maybe worth checking some of them out on Trip Advisor as the review is a little dated.

Enjoy the trip.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 5:46 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by me2
Does anybody have views on the best place to stay with kids (under 12) in Boston please ?

Ideally we would like to find some sort of serviced apartment as this would allow us to eat some meals there ?

Otherwise a centrally located hotel

Please advise any thoughts

thanks
Not sure if either of the Residence Inns (Cambridge or Tudor Wharf) have two-bedroom suites but, if so, this could be worth a look.

Last edited by User Name; Sep 8, 2011 at 7:49 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 8, 2011, 7:00 am
me2
Original Poster

Programs: BA SPG Gold
Thanks for the comments above - I will check out those options

The Independent newspaper article mentioned above looks exactly like what we had in mind
Old Sep 8, 2011, 7:48 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Originally Posted by User Name
Not sure of either of the Residence Inns (Cambridge or Tudor Wharf) have two-bedroom suites but, if so, this could be worth a look.
Was going to be my suggestion exactly. Should be perfect for your needs, lodging-wise.

The Cambridge one might be the preference on location, it's easy walking distance to a T stop.
Old May 4, 2018, 6:51 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond; SPG/Marriott - Gold
I'm heading there in early June with the family. We booked the Residence Inn Tudor Wharf. It looks like it's closest to most of the things we want to do (Navy Yard, Paul Revere house, Faneuil Hall (hoping it will reopen by then).

The only thing that seems to be too far to walk from the hotel would be Fenway.

Are there any family hotel recommendations out there that would be equidistant from those points?
Old May 4, 2018, 8:08 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by Blind and Green
I'm heading there in early June with the family. We booked the Residence Inn Tudor Wharf. It looks like it's closest to most of the things we want to do (Navy Yard, Paul Revere house, Faneuil Hall (hoping it will reopen by then).

The only thing that seems to be too far to walk from the hotel would be Fenway.

Are there any family hotel recommendations out there that would be equidistant from those points?
I really wouldn’t bother. Tudor Wharf’s a good base location for sightseeing and dining, so if I were you I’d get the T out to Fenway for a visit.
Old May 6, 2018, 7:08 am

Thank you for the guidance.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 3:50 pm

A quick follow-up: the Tudor Wharf Residence Inn was perfect for our family. The location was great and the room was spacious for the price. I'd recommend it to any family there to do the Freedom Trail.
lo2e likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.