Wiki Posts
Search

Dinner recommendations near Sunapee, NH

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2011, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL
Dinner recommendations near Sunapee, NH

Planing a birthday dinner and was looking for a dinner recommendation near Mt Sunapee. Was hoping for a decent/nice B and B that serves dinner. The Colby Hill Inn caught my eye but was hoping for a few more choices!

Thanks!
Old Jul 29, 2011, 11:32 am

A couple suggestions:

1) It's not very near (about a 45-minute drive) but the Skunk Hollow Tavern in Hartland Four Corners, VT is a great tavern with really, really good American-style food, a decent wine list, and downstairs entertainment. It's one of my personal favourites and definitely where I would recommend for a fun-romantic dinner.

2) The Colonial Farm restaurant is good if you're fond of local eating, but I've found the menu options can be widely variable, I wouldn't class it as good for a picky eater.

3) The Colby Hill Inn is actually a pretty good option, I have only been there once but it was a solid and well-prepared meal.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 8:21 pm

Programs: Choice Privileges DIA, HHonors, United, Delta
17 miles, 30 minutes to the Common Man Inn and Restaurant in Claremont, NH, real easy to get to and highly recommended.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Approximately 40 minutes to Quechee, VT and the wonderful restaurant at Simon Pearce.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Blumie
Approximately 40 minutes to Quechee, VT and the wonderful restaurant at Simon Pearce.
+1, though it is a bit expensive--when I ate there in 2009, it was $60, and that was without alcohol. But a beautiful area.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blumie
thanks for the reccomendations...actually ate there before and will be swinging through that way the day before the birthday dinner....

Nice place..great view.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KateW
A couple suggestions:

1) It's not very near (about a 45-minute drive) but the Skunk Hollow Tavern in Hartland Four Corners, VT is a great tavern with really, really good American-style food, a decent wine list, and downstairs entertainment. It's one of my personal favourites and definitely where I would recommend for a fun-romantic dinner.

2) The Colonial Farm restaurant is good if you're fond of local eating, but I've found the menu options can be widely variable, I wouldn't class it as good for a picky eater.

3) The Colby Hill Inn is actually a pretty good option, I have only been there once but it was a solid and well-prepared meal.

I have been trying to call the Colonial Farm Inn and can't find a number that works! Tried the 602 number and the 800 number and nothing is working...
Old Aug 1, 2011, 2:31 pm

Programs: Choice Privileges DIA, HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by remphish1
I have been trying to call the Colonial Farm Inn and can't find a number that works! Tried the 602 number and the 800 number and nothing is working...
602 isn't the right area code. NH is 603, Vermont is 802. Unless you mistyped, this may be your problem.

Seeing as I recognize your name from Via Chicago... Didja go to Solid Sound? We were traveling and couldn't make it....
Old Aug 2, 2011, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mclee19
602 isn't the right area code. NH is 603, Vermont is 802. Unless you mistyped, this may be your problem.

Seeing as I recognize your name from Via Chicago... Didja go to Solid Sound? We were traveling and couldn't make it....
Whoops you are right numbers I tried were
603-526-6121 and 1-800-805-8504

Didn't make Solid Sound but am seeing both Central Park shows in September

Really digging I Might at the moment! ^
Old Aug 3, 2011, 4:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Inn at Pleasant Lake in New London is quite nice. I believe they have two seatings a night, but it may just be one. Not far at all from Sunapee. Brian is a wonderful chef.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 7:00 am
Original Poster

I ended up at the Colby Hill Inn. Nice setting, great food and presentation....portions were SMALL though...but it is expected I guess!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.