Wiki Posts
Search

Streamline Air BED-TTN

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue Mosiac, Hainan Fortune Wings, Spirit Ultra Cheapskate
Streamline Air BED-TTN

Any thoughts out there to the usefulness of the proposed flights from Hanscom to Trenton service?

I live and work in the flight path. Unlike Save our Heritage (is aviation part of local heritage?), I welcome more commercial operations out of Bedford. However, I'd prefer it to be a profitable venture.

Is Trenton really a destination that would attract enough pax? BED is a great alternative to BOS, PVD and MHT for the price insensitive. But Trenton? That seems like a low-cost carrier destination. A "close-enough" to PHL and NYC.

Someone enlighten me. I want to think this is a good idea.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 2:30 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I never understand the value in these services, where there are only two flights a day, there are limited if any connections at either end, so you pretty much need to want to go to the Trenton (or Bedford) area, and want to get there in the morning and leave in the afternoon.

They obviously believe there's enough of a market of people willing to pay the $500 or whatever they will charge for those flights, and offer them smaller airports, less of a hassle, etc.

I would imagine they have identified some market of people who fit their business model, but can't really see them making it long term with such a limited area and schedule.

There is a significant amount of business in the trenton area, maybe that's the draw?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
I think it's aimed mostly at business travelers to/from the areas west of Boston to New Jersey.

Another airline flew this route about ten years ago. My then GF and I used it once on a weekend. There were a few problems*: no TTN car rental desk was open at the hours we needed, and the aircraft for our return flight went mechanical so they had to fly a replacement in from God knows where. Anyhow, that attempt didn't generate enough traffic to sustain itself. I tend to doubt this one will either, especially at those prices. Today, when my wife and I go to central New Jersey, we drive.

Old Aug 4, 2011, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP
As someone who hears most flights arrive and depart BED, I would welcome additional commercial service. Particularly service to major hub airports that would save a rush hour commute in and out of BOS.

There are a few companies that have locations in both MA and NJ (in one case on Hartwell Ave and in Princeton) that should benefit from BED-TTN. However the one trip someone I work with took in July had the return flight go mechanical.

American Eagle's impending withdrawal from BOS means AA and it's partners won't have a BOS-NYC flight before rush hour or any flights BOS-LGA. That seems like a good opening for someone (perhaps even AE) to introduce service out of BED.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 11:16 am

Programs: AA EXP
They have a 10 pack of flights you can buy, that advertises guaranteed $99 each way fares on their homepage: http://www.iflystreamline.com/

However the terms and conditions guarantee a price of $119 each way. But since they are transferable and have no restrictions they sound like a good deal.

Getflying

Guarantee Streamline's best fares with no restrictions, no advanced purchase and no change or cancellation fees through 31 December 2011. Contact [email protected] to get more information about our GetFlying 10-packs and save today!*

**$119 fare each way, taxes and fees included. Valid for to and from Trenton-Mercer Country Airport (TTN), NJ and Boston-Hanscom (BED). GetFlying 10-packs are valid for 10 segments / 5 round trips or any other combination of flight segments, Fully transferable. Travel must be completed by 31 December 2011.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.