2014 Buick Encore Review/Ride Report

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2013, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

2014 Buick Encore Review/Ride Report

http://www.carrentingreviews.com/201...-buick-encore/

IFAR
23/30

The 2014 Buick Encore gains Side Blind Zone Alert (replacing last year's inset blindspot mirrors) and Rear Cross Traffic Alert sensors.

However, still the same old dashboard as the 2013 Encore. I was hoping that it would receive similar changes to the 2014 Regal and Lacrosse. Sadly, we might have to wait until next year to see those interior improvements realized on the Encore and Verano.

The Encore is a decent alternative to the Ford Escape since it does come with a rearview camera. The engine is painfully overwhelmed but not bad around city driving.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

I think I would rather take a captiva.. Lol..

Thanks for the review!
Old Oct 18, 2013, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Coastercameron

Thanks for the review!
Wow, really? Not sure I'd go that far...
Old Oct 18, 2013, 6:59 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Great review. The IFAR category is getting pretty bad. There is the Escape (especially titanium) and everyone else. When common cars in the category are Compass, Patriot, and Captiva, there is a lot more bad then good. Currently driving a Tucson, and man I wish I could trade it in for that '14 Captiva LTZ they had last week.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:27 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Coastercameron

Thanks for the review!
Originally Posted by KevinMD
Great review. The IFAR category is getting pretty bad. There is the Escape (especially titanium) and everyone else. When common cars in the category are Compass, Patriot, and Captiva, there is a lot more bad then good. Currently driving a Tucson, and man I wish I could trade it in for that '14 Captiva LTZ they had last week.
And here I thought that the Captiva was such a POS.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:30 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

How can a car (compared to my personal car) with 1/3 the HP, 1/3 the displacement, and perhaps 1/2 the weight) get barely better gas mileage?
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KevinMD
The new '14 Jeep Cherokee should be a welcome addition to the ifar category. Just waiting for Jeep to iron out the manufacturing delays.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
The new '14 Jeep Cherokee should be a welcome addition to the ifar category. Just waiting for Jeep to iron out the manufacturing delays.
Only if you put a paper bag over the front of it

-J.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jzweighaft

-J.
At least Jeep tried something new in their styling, gotta give them credit for that.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by jzweighaft

-J.

I like the Wranglers over any of the designs that Jeeps have with their designs for the other models.

Don't like the Encore. It looks too small. Like the color in Dr. Z's review but not my favorite Buick model.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 9:22 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
The Encore is a decent alternative to the Ford Escape since it does come with a rearview camera. The engine is painfully overwhelmed but not bad around city driving.
You'll be glad to know a rear camera is standard on all Escape trims for 2014.

(Driving an odd Escape this week -- an SE with 4WD and the panoramic roof, but no other options. Was a little surprised when the camera popped up on the 4" screen.)
Old Oct 20, 2013, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dtremit
You'll be glad to know a rear camera is standard on all Escape trims for 2014.

(Driving an odd Escape this week -- an SE with 4WD and the panoramic roof, but no other options. Was a little surprised when the camera popped up on the 4" screen.)
That is excellent news!
Old Oct 21, 2013, 6:45 am

A 4wd se with panoramic sunroof was the first 2013 escape I rented. Cloth seats and sync (no MFT) but sunroof.. Very odd, particularly when you think that most (all?) or the titanium escapes come sans sunroof.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 7:54 pm

Jeep's finally shipping those Cherokee's out now. Ran across 2 of them this morning (actually, my first thought was what on earth is a Compass doing with Trail Hawk badges on it, then realized it was the new Cherokee). The two I ran across were in manufacturer plates and looked like a non-standard paint job (looked kinda like a matte black, I've seen similar on prerelease cars around here from time to time). Seemed smaller than I expected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.