Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

2013 GMC Acadia SLT-1 AWD Review/Ride Report

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2013, 12:03 am
Original Poster

http://www.carrentingreviews.com/201...dia-slt-1-awd/

PGAR
16/23

PROS:

- GMC Granite-like front end
- Saturn Outlook body shell
- Cargo carrying capacity

CONS:

- Gauge cluster remains the same
- Saturn Outlook body shell
- Spotter mirror too small
- Buick Enclave has a more comfortable ride

CONCLUSION:
Best looking of the three GM Lambda platform triplets (Enclave, Traverse, Acadia).

The new Acadia looks very sharp, but I thought the '13 Enclave was the better driving vehicle.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 6:03 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
The Acadia/ Enclave look like they might be a good alternative to the minivan, especially if its a base Caravan. Saw an Enclave at Tulsa the other day and it was a nice looking car. Hoping to drive one in the future.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 6:05 am

Programs: Emerald Club Executive
How was the sound of the Bose system? That's always been my hangup when choosing between the Lambda triplets and other 7 seaters
Old Apr 17, 2013, 6:59 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
I have to disagree about these being good van alternatives. The seat arrangements are not conducive to hauling at all.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dwbf11
I have to disagree about these being good van alternatives. The seat arrangements are not conducive to hauling at all.
I crammed my entire apartment worth of stuff into an Acadia once and drove across a few states, so the Acadia will always be my goto vehicle for moving since it's probably cheaper than a rental van.

Mistaleft, the Bose audio sounded above average, better than the Bose in Infinitis though not as good as the Bose in the new Cadillacs. Extra oomph from the subwoofer was appreciated. But the unbranded 6-speakers in the Enclave weren't much worse than the Acadia-Bose either. You'd probably have to hope for the optional 5.1 Bose system to get a real improvement in sound quality.

Last edited by drzoidberg; Apr 17, 2013 at 7:22 am
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:15 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
I crammed my entire apartment worth of stuff into an Acadia once and drove across a few states, so the Acadia will always be my goto vehicle for moving since it's probably cheaper than a rental van.

Mistaleft, the Bose audio sounded above average, better than the Bose in Infinitis though not as good as the Bose in the new Cadillacs. But the unbranded 6-speakers in the Enclave wasn't much worse than the Bose either.
I'm impressed. There's some room, but the way the middle row seats are arranged were a huge impediment when I was trying to use a last-gen Enclave to move some things. Tons of wasted space because of that. Agreed that it would be cheaper than a U-Haul, but I'd rather have a pickup or Chrysler minivan with Stow-and-Go over this.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:20 am
Original Poster

I'm impressed. There's some room, but the way the middle row seats are arranged were a huge impediment when I was trying to use a last-gen Enclave to move some things. Tons of wasted space because of that. Agreed that it would be cheaper than a U-Haul, but I'd rather have a pickup or Chrysler minivan with Stow-and-Go over this.
Haha, I know what you mean about the captain's chairs. I stuck various small and sundry items around those irregular spaces.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 10:02 am

The area around those chairs is also one reason I ruled out the Acadia family of vehicles for me. The uneveness of the floor would have made things more difficult for stuffing model airplanes in the back for me . At least with the last gen of the Acadia you could apparently get it with bench seats instead of the captain's chair in that row, but it was a pretty rare option.

Hmm, this thread took me back to the days when I was able to stuff everything I owned into a Ford Fairmont station wagon. I did that once when I had a week or so between apartments that I had to deal with.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I like the captain's chairs. Given that I take up a lot of the rear driver side passenger's space with my recline, at least it gives them some extra space on the side.

But I agree that the Enclaves drive better. I like them both, but couldn't justify paying $10k more plus increased gas usage to drive one over my Equinox LTZ when I live alone! For a long one-way vacation with another tall person, however, the Enclave/Acadia combo is my favorite way to burn free day certs as a EEE.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 4:48 pm

Programs: Southwest AList, National EC Exec, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz 5S
Nice looking front end, love that LED accents are making their way through affordable cars, but it sure makes ......... Audi drivers harder to spot...
Old Apr 18, 2013, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jack Wang
Nice looking front end, love that LED accents are making their way through affordable cars, but it sure makes ......... Audi drivers harder to spot...
LED accents look very similar to those on the Q5!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.