Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

2013 Ford Explorer Limited 4WD Review/Ride Report

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

http://www.carrentingreviews.com/201...r-limited-4wd/

SRAR
17/23

Just one minor change for the 2013 model year; front passengers get a knee airbag.

One aspect of National that has always impressed me is the plethora of Explorer Limiteds (often nearly brand new ones with additional options) floating around on the ES. Comparatively, I see mainly XLT Explorers at Avis.

Limited trim is the one to get; can't beat the Sony audio, heated power leather seats, 110V outlet, etc...

Last edited by drzoidberg; Jan 8, 2013 at 11:45 am
Old Jan 9, 2013, 1:58 pm

i just picked up an Explorer XLT from YUL and it has every feature you've stated + auto tail gate & panoramic sunroof.... are these spec'd differently for US vs Canadian market?

i'm 6'3" 250lbs and just did 3 longish trips; Montreal to Ottawa, up to Mont Tremblant and down to Sherbrooke... other than loving to the drink the gas, I couldn't really fault it.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by phat-dave
i just picked up an Explorer XLT from YUL and it has every feature you've stated + auto tail gate & panoramic sunroof.... are these spec'd differently for US vs Canadian market?

i'm 6'3" 250lbs and just did 3 longish trips; Montreal to Ottawa, up to Mont Tremblant and down to Sherbrooke... other than loving to the drink the gas, I couldn't really fault it.
FT members have reported that the Canadian locations often have very highly optioned Ford vehicles. Totally unfair.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
FT members have reported that the Canadian locations often have very highly optioned Ford vehicles. Totally unfair.
Saw a heavily optioned Explorer XLT at EWR with Canadian plates but was told it couldn't leave the lot. I wanted a sedan and didn't inquire further.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.