2013 Ford Edge Limited Review/Ride Report

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:42 am
Original Poster

2013 Ford Edge Limited Review/Ride Report

http://www.carrentingreviews.com/201...e-limited-awd/

FGAR
18/25

And here's our Hurricane Sandy Ride Report! Minor changes for 2013; new paint schemes, new sport mode on gear shifter with +/- transmission rocker selector

Still a dependable rental on the Executive Aisle.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:03 am

Decent enough car, and surprisingly good with the ecoboost I felt, but for a car that feels as large once you're in it as the edge does, I found that the shoulder room as a bit on the tight side for me.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Rented one in the exact same trim and color back in may, was surprised to get a '13 model in may. Nice ride, nice interior, thought myFordTouch was pretty cool but fuel economy was really poor. Only got 20mpg with 75% highway driving.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xienon
Rented one in the exact same trim and color back in may, was surprised to get a '13 model in may. Nice ride, nice interior, thought myFordTouch was pretty cool but fuel economy was really poor. Only got 20mpg with 75% highway driving.
AWD Limited, no EcoBoost? I think 20 mpg isn't too shabby for such a large vehicle.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Yes AWD Limited. Deep impact blue as well.

Well, Ford claims 18/25 and the my 25% non highway miles were rural with stoplights every couple of miles. Maybe mine was just not worn in but my driving style usually gets me much closer to the claimed highway MPG on these trips.

Had a Murano AWD last weekend where I got about 23 mpg on the same roads. The edge is not a bad car. The interior is very well done in Limited trim but I thought the Edge felt heavier and less nimble than the Murano.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 10:41 am

What rental class is the Edge if you don't have status? My parents want one of these for an upcoming 2 week rental.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by darkom
What rental class is the Edge if you don't have status? My parents want one of these for an upcoming 2 week rental.
An Edge is a FGAR or Fullsize Crossover.

It's funny, I used to remember seeing dozens of Ford Edge Limiteds on ES. Haven't seen as many recently. Depends on location of course, but I've been mainly seeing Escapes, Captivas, Equinoxes, and Terrains (would much prefer an Edge Limited).
Old Sep 26, 2013, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
An Edge is a FGAR or Fullsize Crossover.

It's funny, I used to remember seeing dozens of Ford Edge Limiteds on ES. Haven't seen as many recently. Depends on location of course, but I've been mainly seeing Escapes, Captivas, Equinoxes, and Terrains (would much prefer an Edge Limited).
Hm. I don't see "full-size crossover" when looking up reservations. What class & rate on the website would most closely align with that, mid-sized SUV (Ford Escape) or Standard SUV (Jeep GC) or full-size car?
Old Sep 26, 2013, 11:08 am

Programs: National Emp
Hm. I don't see "full-size crossover" when looking up reservations. What class & rate on the website would most closely align with that, mid-sized SUV (Ford Escape) or Standard SUV (Jeep GC) or full-size car?
I give the Edge as an option when a customer has a Standard SUV res. Otherwise, I always put them on the ES. Sometimes, I put the Edges with cloth seats on the EA, but usually I don't.

-zoneguy
Old Sep 26, 2013, 11:14 am
Original Poster

What zoneguy said; probably standard suv.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Hm. I don't see "full-size crossover" when looking up reservations.
You might be looking at a location that doesn't support the category, or at a location that's sold out in the category for your dates. The U.S. cars guide shows Full Size Crossover - Dodge Journey.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 1:19 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, JGC, Asiana Diamond, National EE
seems like it is quite common in many canadian airport in ES. But they are never on EA.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
You might be looking at a location that doesn't support the category, or at a location that's sold out in the category for your dates. The U.S. cars guide shows Full Size Crossover - Dodge Journey.
Is the crossover rate priced cheaper than standard SUV? My parent's local airport said they carry a few Edge's and they are rented out as standard SUVs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.