Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Policy exception to accommodate hurricane Sandy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy PE; Hilton Diamond

I was in New York today and returned my car -- reservation was 'closed out'.

At the airport it became very clear that all flights had been cancelled. I called National and made another reservation for a one way rental so I could drive to my destination. I got back to National and happened to meet a nice associate who said that National will sometimes waive their policy for storms like Sandy whereby they will credit you for having rented two cars in one day.

I have Emerald Aisle access so when I got to the check out, the cashier had no clue what I was talking about. Instead of arguing, I used the 'new' reservation I made by phone because I wanted to just hit the road.

Now that I'm home -- 8 hours later -- has anyone had any experience with this??
Old Oct 29, 2012, 6:34 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Sam_AE
no thankfully.

I'd call back and get an associate that understands what Sandy is and get a 'ruling' then.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 7:12 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
I'd call the Emerald Club call center for this one, I've had good luck with them.

That said one rental credit won't change your life so I'm not sure how far it's worth taking.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy PE; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Sam_AE
I was in New York today and returned my car -- reservation was 'closed out'.

At the airport it became very clear that all flights had been cancelled. I called National and made another reservation for a one way rental so I could drive to my destination. I got back to National and happened to meet a nice associate who said that National will sometimes waive their policy for storms like Sandy whereby they will credit you for having rented two cars in one day.

I have Emerald Aisle access so when I got to the check out, the cashier had no clue what I was talking about. Instead of arguing, I used the 'new' reservation I made by phone because I wanted to just hit the road.

Good news -- for me

Just got this email from National Car -- in response to my request to refund one of the car rentals I had:

Dear Sam_AE,

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that I have refunded $91.16 to your Visa credit card for your rental agreement number XXXXXXXXX.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us.

Sincerely,
Renee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.