Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

2012 Ford Fiesta SEL Sedan Ride Report/Review

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2012, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

http://carrentingreviews.com/2012/07...sta-sel-sedan/

CCAR
29/39

PROS:

- Comfortable driving position with high mounted multimedia screen
- Sync equipped
- Excellent handling, good brakes
- Audio system sounds surprisingly good
- Abundance of cupholders in the cabin, standard arm rest
- Very good visibility
- Solid interior material quality & build

CONS:

- Sync button unobviously mounted on turn signal stalk
- Rear seats best for children
- Steering a touch too light
- Anemic acceleration, engine can sound buzzy when pressed
- Red font used in instrument cluster too slender; I mixed up “P” and “D” several times

CONCLUSION: A fun yet practical little sub-compact.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Have driven both and I thought the Focus is a vastly superior car. The fiesta's 1.6 engine is just too underpowered and buzzy compared to the focus's 2.0. The focus also has much better seats.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 5:43 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
I rented the Fiesta last year with Hertz and it was an economy car. It was surprisingly roomy up front for a car of its size. I've rented a few other cars of its size Yaris, Accent, and Versa, and it was the best of the bunch. It was actually fun to drive, but lacked cruise control, so I would not take it on longer trips. This is a really great car to commute back and forth to work in. It does great on gas, is fun to drive, and is roomy enough for the driver.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xienon
Have driven both and I thought the Focus is a vastly superior car. The fiesta's 1.6 engine is just too underpowered and buzzy compared to the focus's 2.0. The focus also has much better seats.
True, but the Focus is also a larger car. I'd also prefer to take the Focus given that it has very similar fuel economy to the smaller Fiesta.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KevinMD
I rented the Fiesta last year with Hertz and it was an economy car. It was surprisingly roomy up front for a car of its size. I've rented a few other cars of its size Yaris, Accent, and Versa, and it was the best of the bunch. It was actually fun to drive, but lacked cruise control, so I would not take it on longer trips. This is a really great car to commute back and forth to work in. It does great on gas, is fun to drive, and is roomy enough for the driver.
SEL trim and higher has cruise control.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.